Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5/2 is nice...
Long ways to go with 9 games left.  I think we're going to need Sam or Teddy back and playing well to beat some of the good teams we have coming-up, along with that murderers row of a schedule. 

D looks good (knock wood) but they'll be tested too with only 3 home games left this season. Good thing D travels well and it's what gives me hope to steals a win or 2 on enemy territory. 

This team is going to have to pull-off some road wins to get my to buy in completely. But like my title says, 5/2 is nice, so enjoy it for what it is. Beats the hell out of 2/5. 

It's nice because we are seeing the team develop and rally. Of course we knew the defense has talent but even they are improving. And the offensive line has made great strides as a unit. The depth is much better as well. I love seeing McKinnon and Murray be successful as well. The team has handled adversity well, the main source of course is the quarterback position. We shall see what the second half of the season brings but I am savoring the moment for now.

I have seen 3 (maybe 2.5) straight games where the team was focused and at least disciplined enough to beat teams they should beat. That's not intended as faint praise; the most disturbing thing about the end of last season and first few games this year was that they didn't play consistently and seemed uncommitted to winning (2016 at Chicago, 2016 Indy, 2017 Detroit examples).

This little streak is very nice progress, credit to all involved.

However...are there still people thinking Keenum is the answer at QB??

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Long ways to go with 9 games left.  I think we're going to need Sam or Teddy back and playing well to beat some of the good teams we have coming-up, along with that murderers row of a schedule. 

D looks good (knock wood) but they'll be tested too with only 3 home games left this season. Good thing D travels well and it's what gives me hope to steals a win or 2 on enemy territory. 

This team is going to have to pull-off some road wins to get my to buy in completely. But like my title says, 5/2 is nice, so enjoy it for what it is. Beats the hell out of 2/5. 
Go throw your wet blanket in the dryer!  We WON.  Enjoy it, PF...  you never know how many of these are left in a season.

BOOM

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
I have seen 3 (maybe 2.5) straight games where the team was focused and at least disciplined enough to beat teams they should beat. That's not intended as faint praise; the most disturbing thing about the end of last season and first few games this year was that they didn't play consistently and seemed uncommitted to winning (2016 at Chicago, 2016 Indy, 2017 Detroit examples).

He plays well. Baltimore has a great defense and the Vikings scored 24 on it. Every game can't have the QB theowing for 350-400 yds. Fantasy football has made people think thats what defines a great or even good QB.

Just remember Trent F'ing Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring.

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
@"Jor-El" said:

He plays well. Baltimore has a great defense and the Vikings scored 24 on it. Every game can't have the QB theowing for 350-400 yds. Fantasy football has made people think thats what defines a great or even good QB.

Just remember Trent F'ing Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring.
Keenum HAS played well, but today wasn't one of those days.  He misfired on a number of throws and played like a backup QB.  Thankfully, Latavius Murray picked a good game to come alive and the defense was dominant.

I don't want to sound like I'm bagging on the  guy...  He's done a commendable job keeping this team afloat.  However, we WILL need better QB play to make the playoffs AND beat a playoff team.  I don't know that Case can do that...  especially if he has more games like today.

For all we have been through this season, loosing a QB & RB and WR...5-2 feels pretty good.
Keenum as backup has done a good job. Glad we signed him.

As far as Keenum the answer at QB. We still got a lot of unanswered questions there.
Zimmer has made statements that he thinks Sam will be back this year. He also has made the statement he thinks Teddy will play this year.

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

Go throw your wet blanket in the dryer!  We WON.  Enjoy it, PF...  you never know how many of these are left in a season.

BOOM
Nah, no wet blankets here...Least that wasn't the intent. More of a "stream of consciousness!" 

Quote: @"Norse" said:
For all we have been through this season, loosing a QB & RB and WR...5-2 feels pretty good.
Keenum as backup has done a good job. Glad we signed him.

Zimmer has made statements that he thinks Sam will be back this year. He also has made the statement he thinks Teddy will play this year.
I'm glad we signed him as well,..He's help keep the wheels on the cart no doubt. But he was also pretty "not good" today. I think that's just the way its going to go with him. 

But I'm going to stick with my contention that we'll need Sam or Teddy back to get a home playoff game and maybe win a playoff game for the 1st time since 09 too. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

BOOM
Nah, no wet blankets here...Least that wasn't the intent. More of a "stream of consciousness!" 
I was just messing with you, PF.  You're right though...  Let's beat the Browns and see what the second half of the season has in store...