Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's your top 3 "didn't see it coming" Vikings?
Yah, it's only 6 games in, but so far for me?

Case
Remmers
Jet

Almost made my top 3
Reiff
Mac Alex
Waynes

Sendejo
Remmers
Barr

Reiff
Elflein
McKinnon

Reiff and Elflein I thought would be decent but not "really good". They have been. Entire OL has been a shock to me. Especially after how bad our entire offense looked in the preseason? Been a very welcome surprise.

I was reeeeally down on McKinnon but he has played well the past 2 weeks. It's been great to see. Showing nice burst and taking what's there. He's already proved me wrong. Excited to see him keep it going.

McKinnon has surprised me the past two games, but I'll need to see it sustained much longer to get him in my top 3.  We've seen a couple good games from him before and then nothing notable...

Reiff and Remmers have exceeded my expectations.  No doubt about it.  Fantastic signings.

My third is Mackenzie Alexander...  I haven't seen him get burned during the regular season and I can't recall him being penalized...  he grew a lot in the offseason.  Nickel CB was a big worry for me after Munnerlyn left, but Mac and Newman have filled the void.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
Reiff
Elflein
McKinnon

Reiff and Elflein I thought would be decent but not "really good". They have been. Entire OL has been a shock to me. Especially after how bad our entire offense looked in the preseason? Been a very welcome surprise.

I was reeeeally down on McKinnon but he has played well the past 2 weeks. It's been great to see. Showing nice burst and taking what's there. He's already proved me wrong. Excited to see him keep it going.
Near carbon copy of what I was going to write.

Maybe the scheme was wrong for McKinnon last year. This year he has been absolutely gutting out runs. Love watching him now. 

Can I say the entire OL? I was hoping all off-season we'd hit a quality level of mediocre...this might be one best since the Denny Green era...

Alexander has been rarely mentioned, which is a good thing for a second year CB...

Griffen has stepped up his game into another level...when you set any franchise record for DLinemen it's saying something...

So early, but the #1 thing for me is the play of the offensive line. Definitely didn't see it coming.

Not that shocked about McKinnon, actually, as he's very athletic. Just nice to see him step up with Cook's injury, that's where I was pleasantly surprised

Elflein
Tom Johnson (thought the run D would be toast with him in there)
Keenum (since the short-notice Pitt debacle, has been OK or better 4 out of 5 times)

Everyone is playing about like I expected save for Tom Johnson. Totally agree with you RS Express, thought Zimmer was making a huge mistake inserting him as the Starter given his issues against the run in the past, his recent injury and his age. Very pleasant surprise.

And I'll eat some crow on Gedeon...so far.

But what I really want to do is publish a nine paragraph apology to the Board for ripping the Draft and all the stupid trade-downs bypassing several good Guard prospects because Danny Boy Isidora has turned into the real deal.

Might not happen this season but he looked pretty good last Sunday.

Yup...mine are what most have mentioned...
Keenum
Reiff
Elflein
Honorable mention...Sendejo
I thought Elflein would be good in a year or two, but he's the real deal.  Keenum shows no fear...which is probably a good thing.