Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My take
Just a few tidbits I loved seeing.

- Loved the pressure from all angles.  I saw one double A gap bluff with the LBs backing out.  But we brought Smith several times and he got home. 

- The biggest thing about Smith blitzing IMO, it wasn't Sendejo back there, it was Harris.  Don't remember many highlights of Harris, but he seemed to do his job without any issues.  Sendejo is solid, but having Harris step up and allow Smith to do his thing is great news.

- Treadwell.  Nice to see him get opportunities and make the most of them.  The bust label gets thrown around way too early IMO.  But his biggest play?  The hustle and punching the ball out of Slimy Matthew's hands.  It didn't result in any change for us, but that is a heady play. 

- Screens, that is what our offense has been missing for some time.  Loved seeing the well designed screen play.  For years it seemed like we couldn't run them or didn't run them, but they always killed us.  Now we run them well.  Love it.

- Crushing the Pack.  It feels great.  Don't really wish injury on the opposition, but if I believed in Karma, this would be Rodgers getting his. 

- Why does every say the NFL is better with Rodgers playing?  He isn't likable, he is good, but he always looks for the unfair advantage.  And usually gets it.  So I don't think the NFL is any worse off without him.  The Packers are, but screw them.  Screw their fans.  Go cry in your turpentine laced beverages.

- Top 2.
    - Defense is playing lights out.
    - Offensive line is looking good.  Real good.

Quote: @"greediron" said:

- Why does every say the NFL is better with Rodgers playing?  He isn't likable, he is good, but he always looks for the unfair advantage.  And usually gets it.  So I don't think the NFL is any worse off without him.  The Packers are, but screw them.  Screw their fans.  Go cry in your turpentine laced beverages.

What they should be saying is, "Marketing is easier for the TV networks". It's laziness, because they can promote the same player and the same team they have for the past decade. In actuality, this is a good opportunity to show the fans some different teams and players and promote games because the matches are meaningful, not because of old habit. IMO laziness is half the reason we get so bored hearing about Rodgers: the color commentator does a Packer game and says, "No need to research, I'll just tell some more stories about Aaron."

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"greediron" said:

What they should be saying is, "Marketing is easier for the TV networks". It's laziness, because they can promote the same player and the same team they have for the past decade. In actuality, this is a good opportunity to show the fans some different teams and players and promote games because the matches are meaningful, not because of old habit. IMO laziness is half the reason we get so bored hearing about Rodgers: the color commentator does a Packer game and says, "No need to research, I'll just tell some more stories about Aaron."
Well put.  That is kinda what I was driving at.  Rodgers was good for packer fans, but not so much the rest of the NFL.

Nice write up, Greed.    Treadwell did get noticed and made some plays yesterday, and it was great to see.  I loved that hustle play on Matthews too.

McKinnon in the open field is very dangerous.  He's like a bit stronger version of Darren Nelson.  The screen play he scored on but was called back was a thing of beauty too.

GB just got their starting two tackles back for this game, I do believe.  Seemed like Zim was way more willing to use blitzing after Rodgers got knocked out.  Overall, Green Bay had no answers for his defense. 

Jet's fumble and Case's INT were the two biggest plays keeping the Packers in the game.  Both of those TOs stopped the Vikes from scoring.  Without those two mistakes, this one would've been a blowout way sooner.

I'd like to add that BRob played very well ... This D line is amazing.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"Jor-El" said:
@"greediron" said:

Well put.  That is kinda what I was driving at.  Rodgers was good for packer fans, but not so much the rest of the NFL.
I was telling my wife...poor State Farm and all those nauseating spots with him and his girlfri...er, Matthews.  He now has more time to drive around in his Ford pickup with his dog! Wink

Some of the youngsters who have been in question played well yesterday, notably

Harris, Treadwell, Alexander and Lamur (not that young)

The development of these four to be borderline starters in the NFL gives us high quality depth. 

Premier teams are well coached and deep because of it. I really like the depth on this team

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:

Jet's fumble and Case's INT were the two biggest plays keeping the Packers in the game.  Both of those TOs stopped the Vikes from scoring.  Without those two mistakes, this one would've been a blowout way sooner.
100% correct!!!

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
Some of the youngsters who have been in question played well yesterday, notably

Harris, Treadwell, Alexander and Lamur (not that young)

The development of these four to be borderline starters in the NFL gives us high quality depth. 

Premier teams are well coached and deep because of it. I really like the depth on this team
Yes, I have not notice Alexander much, which is a good thing for his position. 

Quote: @"A1Janitor" said:
I'd like to add that BRob played very well ... This D line is amazing.
His two sacks (1.5?) were beautiful.  Nice bend to dip under the block.