Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hmmmm...
In 20 dropbacks on which he was blitzed Sunday, Case Keenum went 12-of-19 for 133 yards and a touchdown, including 8-of-10 for 88 yards when Green Bay sent a defensive back. Keenum is completing 65 percent of his passes with four TDs and no interceptions vs. the blitz this season. (ESPN Stats & Info)

Does well under pressure... I say just put 4 o-linemen in front of him. Should win every game then

Better than advertised.  Keep it up kid

He has what Bradford doesn't and that is mobility. He can escape pressure and make throws on the run. That is probably the biggest surprise I've seen. His ability to run and make sizable gains on the ground is an added bonus. I just wish his throws and some of his decision making was a little more consistent. He left a lot of missed opportunities on the field. The two turnovers didn't help either as we were in scoring position on both of those. 

Quote: @TBro said:
He has what Bradford doesn't and that is mobility. He can escape pressure and make throws on the run. That is probably the biggest surprise I've seen. His ability to run and make sizable gains on the ground is an added bonus. I just wish his throws and some of his decision making was a little more consistent. He left a lot of missed opportunities on the field. The two turnovers didn't help either as we were in scoring position on both of those. 
two turnovers and what should have been 2 more IIRC.  his lack of accuracy and not taking care of the ball will bite us in the ass against better opponents.

Yah Zimm said he's playing well, but has some stuff to clean-up moving forward.

I don't think anybody is pimping him to start the rest of the season.

But he's playing a key role right now in 2 big division games. I can appreciate him for what he is till we get that scrambled egg of a starting qb situation figured out. 

Easy to say after a win too I guess Wink

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

But he's playing a key role right now in 2 big division games. I can appreciate him for what he is till we get that scrambled egg of a starting qb situation figured out. 

I was listening to the kfan crew after the game and there were people calling for Case to play it out.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:

I was listening to the kfan crew after the game and there were people calling for Case to play it out.
Who? Corey Cove? WTF does he know?  If Case starts the rest of the year, then the Vikings really are snake-bit @ QB.

Never boring in Viking land...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:

Who? Corey Cove? WTF does he know?  If Case starts the rest of the year, then the Vikings really are snake-bit @ QB.

Aj monsoir was one for sure,  but somebody was agreeing with him.  I was driving and not totally focused on who was saying what.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:

Aj monsoir was one for sure,  but somebody was agreeing with him.  I was driving and not totally focused on who was saying what.
I was in the camp of letting Case ride out the season as the starter assuming Bradford doesn't come back, and tolling Teddy's contract to give him a full two years to recover. With what transpired yesterday, the stars are aligning for us to make a push this year so if Teddy is healthy enough to play close to the same level he was before the injury, we will need him eventually when Case struggles, or suffers an injury. I'm not ready to give up on the season and let an undrafted rookie free agent QB remain as the backup, let alone become the starter if we are forced into that situation. Not my decision, and not my money but that is my opinion. We have the offseason to sort out the QB contract situation and draft a contingency in a very deep QB class.