Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sirles prepares to start, lauds Reiff’s presence on Vikings O-line
Following Nick Easton’s strongest game of the year, the Minnesota Vikings’ left guard will be out with a calf injury against the Green Bay Packers. The next man up is lineman Jeremiah Sirles, who played only 39 minutes at guard last year, but started 10 games at tackle in 2016.
“Things happen a little faster when you move inside,” Sirles said. “At tackle there’s a lot more space, timing things to deal with. Inside guys are on top of you a lot faster. I’ll have a great challenge going against a guy like [Mike] Daniels who is fast and strong and quick.”

Head coach Mike Zimmer said Thursday that Sirles’ versatility as a backup brings value to the team.
“It’s definitely changed up my preparation this week as far as being able to focus on one spot,” Sirles said. “I usually go into a game focusing on all four spots if I were to be thrust into battle at any of those place. Mentally this week it’s been easier for me to focus on the left guard spot and hone in on the gameplan and the smaller details of that one spot.”
https://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/...gs-o-line/