Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Mike, How do you stop Aaron Rogers?
How can Vikings stop Aaron Rodgers? ‘Don’t let him have the ball,’ Mike Zimmer says
Superlatives are in high demand again for Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers after his brilliant game-winning touchdown drive at Dallas on Sunday salvaged a pivotal road victory for the Packers.
Next stop: U.S. Bank Stadium.
“I’ve been in the league 20-some years and I can’t remember a guy that does the things this guy does,” Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said Wednesday. “I think they should trade him.”
Defensive end Everson Griffen anointed Rodgers king of the alpha males for his ability to sidestep any pass rush.
“Aaron Rodgers is the toughest guy to be patient with; he’s the best quarterback, in my opinion,” Griffen said.
Vikings quarterback Case Keenum was just plain stumped when asked about the signal caller that has vexed Minnesota like no other.
“There are no words that can describe the kind of plays that he can make,” Keenum said with a shrug.
Powerful, elusive and coy, Rodgers can beat teams with his arm, legs and brain. He buys time in the pocket to toy with defenders, becomes a gunslinger on the run, can practically throw a ball out of a stadium and is lethal with the game on the line.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/10/11/how...ke-zimmer/

Rodgers likes the twice-per-season chess match he gets to play with Zimmer. Their respect is mutual.
“Mike is an innovator,” he said. “He’s brought some concepts to the league that other people have tried to copy but not with anywhere near the kind of success he’s had with both Cincinnati and now with Minnesota. He’s just a really smart, smart coach, has his guys well-prepared, and they do a good job disguising things.
“He’s done some things that are ahead of his time. I call that an innovator.”

There's no doubt he's the best. But some here like to dig on his arrogance, lol. Who cares? You can never rule Green Bay out of any game against any opponent with Rodgers at QB. 

The Vikings are feeding his ego and will squash him like the rat he is.

Just take the penalty and hit him one time early and he will be done.

[Image: Hanson-Brothers.jpg]
Who's their backup?

I think Zimmer is 4/4 against Rogers?

Not too bad actually. He's been like having Montana or Brady in the division. Kinda sucks for us, but it is what it is. 

Distract him - send him a pregame text from some hunky guy looking for a date. [Image: fubmqeyy4dcx.jpg]

As with any great QB, if he has a clean jersey at the end of the game we lose hands down.  If our D line needs ANY motivation for this game, we're screwed.  Hunter and Griffin need to make this game a personal statement.

Quote: @FLVike said:
Just take the penalty and hit him one time early and he will be done.
I said it before but it bears repeating.  If he pulls any of his usual stunts like quick snaps to catch a 12th guy on the field, we need to send a house blitz.  If we jump, send the house.  You know he is going deep, smack the shit out of him for it.

As to the effusive praise from Zim and seeing his locker room parrot (EG) saying the same thing, I think this is psychological.  Praise him and let him believe it.  Say we have to keep the ball out of his hands is like tipping our hand we are going to run the ball.  But I don't doubt that is a smoke screen.