Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Kaepernick Have Any Legal Recourse Against The NFL

He's never going to be able to prove racism. If that's the bar, it's a nonstarter. He can definitely prove that the reason he has not been hired is due to his activism, but that's not likely going to get him anywhere. Labor laws on activism, political beliefs, etc. are real sketchy and differ per state. 

Kaepernick sucks that is why he has no job.

Michael freaking Vick was re employed. peterson made bank. Floyd will be on a team this year. The nfl employes quality players irregardless of their past if they are talented. Kappernick sucks. Thats why hes unemployed. 

http://www.nfl.com/player/colinkaepernic...86/profile

His stats paint a slightly different story...looking at some of the QBs currently employed, he's better than a couple dozen between starters and backups...easy...

Quote: @"PSBLAKE" said:
Kaepernick sucks that is why he has no job.
You know that's not true. Everyone in the NFL knows that's not true. Everyone who covers the NFL knows that's not true. So why do people keep saying it?

We're talking about a 6-4, 230 lb QB who runs a 4.5 and probably has the strongest arm in the NFL. A player under 30 who, in his first two years, led his team to two straight NFC Championships and a Super Bowl appearance in which he threw for over 300 yards and brought his team back from a 22 point deficit. You're sitting here telling me there isn't a backup slot in the NFL for a QB like that? Bullshit.

It may not be the political statement that some think. It's likely teams just don't want the distraction. Either way, it has ZERO to do with his ability as a QB. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
It may not be the political statement that some think. It's likely teams just don't want the distraction. Either way, it has ZERO to do with his ability as a QB. 
This.   Part of it is political, but also some of it is what got (talk about opposites) Tim Tebow run out of the league. Tebow went 7-4, then won a playoff game... and never got even a chance to start again.  And despite his reportedly awful practices or lousy stats through 3 quarters, a 1st round pick who wins a playoff game in year 2 is going to get chance after chance... unless his name is Tebow. 

And no, I don't think Kaepernick has any legal recourse.  He would have to prove some sort of organized collusion to keep him unemployed, and that doesn't seem to be what's going on.  Teams are saying individually, "This guy is radioactive to 40% of our fanbase, and if that's not enough, the 50 other guys on the team will be getting asked about him every single day by somebody trying to stir crap up."

Not even the Browns want him...

I don't think that he would be able to prove his case. If he were to go that route, it would not help his cause. I think it's going to take an injury somewhere for him to get a shot. 

What is he going to get for suing?  Money?  He's got plenty, and more won't get him on the field.   A job?   Is a court going to order some team to hire him, and if so which team?  Can you imagine him at a training camp under those circumstances?   

If he really wants a job all he needs to do is say he'll play for the minimum in 2017 and I just about guarantee he'll be at a training camp somewhere.   Then all the bloviating about politics or his supposed stats or whatever will just dry up.