Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most ridiculous thing I have read
So I know there is a lot of speculation and bs about Sam right now. I have to admit the most ridiculous thing I have read online is that supposedly Sam is holding himself out for contract purposes. How in the hell would that work? That makes absolutely no sense. He isn't going to get a big payday by not playing. Anyway, that's the biggest load of stupid I have read in a while. I really hope the best for Sam.

In the NFL there is never a clear boundary between reality and ridiculous.

But yeah...seems far-fetched

Especially when you consider how well he played in the opener. Another couple of games like that and he could've written his own contract. But right now, I'd put the odds of him or Teddy getting the extension at about 50/50. 

hmm, a guy that has battled the injury bug his entire career faking injury to get a better contract?  Sound about right.  His talent isn't the question. 

Some people have a unique view of Bradford: that he is "cheating" and overpaid. Every year there are articles published that dig out his rookie contract, his followup contract, and sometimes add in the number of games he has played. It seems to be based on some kind of financial envy combined with resentment that he isn't the greatest star in the NFL (yet, anyway). It's really weird...in some ways I'm surprised fans don't express the idea that players are overpaid more often, but I can't figure out why Bradford generates that. It's almost as if Bradford is Ronald Reagan's "welfare mother" cheating the system, to some people..

It's totally illogical. If Bradford had been playing the last three weeks and putting up numbers like week 1, by now Spielman would be talking to his agent about a huge contract extension. But if he can't get on the field this year, he might never get another deal.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
Some people have a unique view of Bradford: that he is "cheating" and overpaid. Every year there are articles published that dig out his rookie contract, his followup contract, and sometimes add in the number of games he has played. It seems to be based on some kind of financial envy combined with resentment that he isn't the greatest star in the NFL (yet, anyway). It's really weird...in some ways I'm surprised fans don't express the idea that players are overpaid more often, but I can't figure out why Bradford generates that. It's almost as if Bradford is Ronald Reagan's "welfare mother" cheating the system, to some people..

It's totally illogical. If Bradford had been playing the last three weeks and putting up numbers like week 1, by now Spielman would be talking to his agent about a huge contract extension. But if he can't get on the field this year, he might never get another deal.

See now...that makes sense to me.

That does beat (barely) the stories about fans wanting Adrian back.  When a season starts going down, the stupid comes out of the woodwork.

I think what would make something like this kinda make sense would be if the injury is more serious, or potentially damaging long term. If there is real risk, I don't think it would be some conspiracy or power play on Bradford's part... just part of the process. Any player can choose to play with an injury, or play through pain. If your in the last year of your deal and dealing with something that you think could seriously effect your career...  AD did it to us last year towards the end of the season....  Shut it down.

BUT, i totally agree with you Jor-El on piggy backing off that Week 1 performance. We probably would be talking contract extension by now. Also, why would Bradford just bow out and let Teddy even sniff a chance to win his job back? ... we're getting into "he doesn't want to be here, either" territory... :open_mouth:

lol... it's pretty comical at this point.

... I really do believe that if Bradford missed the entire season though, we're still in the market to resign him unless Keenum/Bridgewater show otherwise. And his contract price would end up being a lot lower that it would be if he played (at least) as well as last year. 

Quote: @BlackMagic7 said:

BUT, i totally agree with you Jor-El on piggy backing off that Week 1 performance. We probably would be talking contract extension by now. Also, why would Bradford just bow out and let Teddy even sniff a chance to win his job back? ... we're getting into "he doesn't want to be here, either" territory... :open_mouth:

lol... it's pretty comical at this point.

... I really do believe that if Bradford missed the entire season though, we're still in the market to resign him unless Keenum/Bridgewater show otherwise. And his contract price would end up being a lot lower that it would be if he played (at least) as well as last year. 
Ooooooh, we could start a counter-conspiracy-theory that the Vikings are keeping Bradford off the field to lower his value and resign him at a bargain next year!! Would that overtake the "Bradford faking it" theory as the stupidest ever?

IMO almost anything anti-Bradford is fueled by how Bridgewater ignited a following that was almost at the "loyalty unto death" level. I'm pretty sure there are Tedheads who would rather we had played Shaun Hill for 2 years, tanked in 2016 and 2017, and stocked up on high draft choices to bolster the team for Teddy's return in 2018.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
Ooooooh, we could start a counter-conspiracy-theory that the Vikings are keeping Bradford off the field to lower his value and resign him at a bargain next year!! Would that overtake the "Bradford faking it" theory as the stupidest ever?

IMO almost anything anti-Bradford is fueled by how Bridgewater ignited a following that was almost at the "loyalty unto death" level. I'm pretty sure there are Tedheads who would rather we had played Shaun Hill for 2 years, tanked in 2016 and 2017, and stocked up on high draft choices to bolster the team for Teddy's return in 2018.
Whatever dude.  Your tinfoil theories render your mocking of conspiracy theories rather hollow.