Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geoff Nichols Breaks Down The Minnesota Vikings

[Image: BreakItDown.png?fit=630%2C350]
Geoff Nichols Breaks Down The Minnesota Vikings
With one quarter of the season in the books, Geoff nichols tkes some time out to break down all that has transpired in the world of Minnesota Vikings Football. With a focus on the offensive side of…

Read the full story here

Very informative Geoff! You nailed this one!

I normally don't listen to podcasts but this one was good.  Thx

Informative listen, thanks Geoff!!!

One thing you said that caught my attention...  You alluded that Bradford has some personal incentive to get back on the field very quickly.  I'm curious why you think that?

From my perspective, it seems like he is actually thinking the opposite and hasn't been very aggressive to get back on the field.  I've read that sources are saying he (Bradford) isn't comfortable with the Vikings medical staff's diagnosis of a "bone bruise" and that is why he sought a second opinion.  That tells me he is looking out more for his best interests and I'd have to believe that him being in the final year of his contract has him extra cautious about risking his career.

Frankly, I think if he had a long-term deal with us right now (security), he would have been playing the past two weeks after sitting out the Pittsburgh game.

Thoughts on this?

That's not very nice. They're already broken down enough as it is.

Nice podcast---Murray is a major dropoff to Dalvin though in my opinion. He needs the hole and second level blocks to be effective. Tread has to earn his spot to get back on the field--very little fight in him. Case needs to do more film work to recognize what the D is showing---this week he missed some open Wrs and was late on a number of throws

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
Informative listen, thanks Geoff!!!

One thing you said that caught my attention...  You alluded that Bradford has some personal incentive to get back on the field very quickly.  I'm curious why you think that?

From my perspective, it seems like he is actually thinking the opposite and hasn't been very aggressive to get back on the field.  I've read that sources are saying he (Bradford) isn't comfortable with the Vikings medical staff's diagnosis of a "bone bruise" and that is why he sought a second opinion.  That tells me he is looking out more for his best interests and I'd have to believe that him being in the final year of his contract has him extra cautious about risking his career.

Frankly, I think if he had a long-term deal with us right now (security), he would have been playing the past two weeks after sitting out the Pittsburgh game.

Thoughts on this?

I'm getting the same impression/feeling.  He can rest on his season last year that some think was phenomenal and his one game this year.  His value might not ever be higher as long as he doesn't get a serious injury or regress on the field.

Maybe he knows Teddy is ready and a threat so he is protecting his financial interests/health right now.  If he doesn't play this week trade him the first chance you get to recoup some of what you gave up.  Ideally he would show he was healthy and play well this week/next and you might get a first rounder for him from someone like the Jets, Buffalo, SF, AZ etc.

Good hustle, good effort!

Sam has zero incentive to sit on purpose.  He gets the most value/$$ next year by playing well this year.  If he is out too much that hurts his negotiation abilities.  Seems obvious to me.

Quote: @"twgerber" said:
Sam has zero incentive to sit on purpose.  He gets the most value/$$ next year by playing well this year.  If he is out too much that hurts his negotiation abilities.  Seems obvious to me.
His performance and re-injury was incentive, his value did not go up from where it was after week one.  He faced a legit defense not a cream puff Saints defense at home.  A couple more games like that or more missed time takes him from 20+ million per year long term deal to a short term/incentive based/cap friendly contract.

Was he put out there against his will tonight?-kind of seemed like it.