Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we put natural grass in the new stadium?
My brother and I were talking about this after the game.  The non-contact knee injuries this season have already taken out our franchise QB and RB.  Plus, last year I believe that I read that we suffered an NFL record number of injuries.  And the vast majority of them seem to be leg injuries.  I have to think that the new turf might have something to do with this; it just seems to be too much of a coincidence.  With all of the natural light that the new stadium gets, I think the team should look very seriously at putting in a grass field if that's at all possible.  I don't seem to remember having many injuries at all during the two years at TCF Bank Stadium, so instead the football gods cursed us in different ways with year-long suspensions and chip-shot FG misses.  Any thoughts?

I have no clue but was wondering the same.  Teddy was injured on a similar practice field last year and this year we have two stars injured...  Worth if they can do it.

I doubt the field gets enough direct sunlight in the late fall/winter/early spring months to keep grass alive.

The field did not cause his injury.  Teddy's knee got hurt in a non contact drill.  It was not turf.  He literally was standing still and tossing a ball

the turf is not causing the issue.  The unnatural size of players is putting too much stress in joints and ligaments.  Meanwhile, Teddy's was a freak accident.  Eric Sugarman said his injury could have happened to any of us in our showers.  Scary

Quote: @Tom Moore said:
The field did not cause his injury.  Teddy's knee got hurt in a non contact drill.  It was not turf.  He literally was standing still and tossing a ball

the turf is not causing the issue.  The unnatural size of players is putting too much stress in joints and ligaments.  Meanwhile, Teddy's was a freak accident.  Eric Sugarman said his injury could have happened to any of us in our showers.  Scary
I have a hard time believing that Teddy didnt have some sort of preexisting issue that just let go at the time of the injury.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Tom Moore said:

I have a hard time believing that Teddy didnt have some sort of preexisting issue that just let go at the time of the injury.
They say he didn't.  Freak accidents do happen

@JimmyinSD said:
@Tom Moore said:

getting struck by lightning is a freak accident,  having a perfectly healthy knee explode for no reason is just unheard of.  I have been suspicious since it happened,  but hey,  nothing to gain from arguing over it so it is what it is...  

@Tom Moore said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Tom Moore said:

getting struck by lightning is a freak accident,  having a perfectly healthy knee explode for no reason is just unheard of.  I have been suspicious since it happened,  but hey,  nothing to gain from arguing over it so it is what it is...  
no argument.  We've been told the exact details of the injury.  It was like tossing the ball in your back yard with a FB

@JimmyinSD said:
@Tom Moore said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Tom Moore said:

no argument.  We've been told the exact details of the injury.  It was like tossing the ball in your back yard with a FB
I wasnt doubting the story of how it it happened that day,  just that the knee was healthy prior to that taking place... you just dont hear of something like that happening for no reason.

@Tom Moore said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Tom Moore said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Tom Moore said:

I wasnt doubting the story of how it it happened that day,  just that the knee was healthy prior to that taking place... you just dont hear of something like that happening for no reason.
It was very odd.  The next morning, I was standing in my shower, and realizing if it happened to me, there's no Eric Sugarman to save me!