Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cursed Franchise...Cook probably out for season
Will confirm tomorrow, probable complete tear of ACL. Even if partial tear, he's probably out. 

Source: Ian Rapport reported by Superstar on the radio

The Football gods hate the Vikings... :/

I wonder if the Vikings will look into a trade for AD...  New Orleans isn't using him...  Maybe we can give them a late round pick?

*Ducks head from flying objects*

On a serious note, I feel freaking terrible for Cook.  He is something special to watch and now he's likely out for the season 4 games into his rookie year.

We're CURSED.

Dalvin Cook’s season could be finished after only four games.
The Vikings running back suffered an injury to his left knee in the third quarter of the Vikings’ 14-7 loss to Detroit on Sunday at U.S. Bank Stadium, and coach Mike Zimmer said the team is concerned that Cook damaged his anterior cruciate ligament. Zimmer said Cook will have an MRI on Monday, although it’s common for teams to have an MRI performed on Sunday evening in situations like this.
Cook, whom the Vikings took in the second round of last April’s draft, was on crutches and had a brace on his left knee as he entered the locker room after Sunday’s game. He didn’t speak to reporters.
Cook was injured on a first-and-10 play from the Vikings 18-yard line as he took a handoff from quarterback Case Keenum and burst ahead for 10 yards before his knee appeared to buckle and he dropped the ball in pain. It was recovered by the Lions and Detroit went 29 yards on five plays for a touchdown to take a seven-point lead.
Cook left the field under his power after being injured and eventually walked to the locker room without assistance. Cook, who entered the game with the second-most rushing yards in the NFL this season, finished with 66 yards on 13 carries  and also caught one pass for 8 yards.
“I just went in and talked to him and I told him that he’s not the first great running back to have an ACL, if it is one,” Zimmer said.
The Vikings later lost running back Jerick McKinnon to an ankle injury. The severity of that injury was not immediately known.
Latavius Murray, signed as a free agent from Oakland in March, replaced Cook as the Vikings’ primary running back and rushed for 21 yards on seven carries.
As for what changes for the offense if Cook is lost, Zimmer said: “Dalvin’s a really explosive player. He has such big-play abilities so we’ll have to look at things differently. If you lose a guy like him, you lose a lot of firepower.”

It absolutely sucks. Cook is another bright spot. Watching him go down was unreal. He grabbed his knee right away. The crowd collectively held our breath. Hoping for the best for him. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
The crowd collectively held our breath. Hoping for the best for him. 
And expecting the worst...This is the Vikings after all.

He was a big reason why I felt this team would be a division contender. 

I can handle a friggin game loss, but key players like this? That takes the wind right out of my sails, for the season. 

This really sucks.  Hope Dalvin heals fully & quickly.

If he is out for the season.  We gotta move on.  No one recommend trading for AP - those tires have no tread on them, and Peterson was one dimensional when he left.  I'll take Murray over Peterson.

But, I have no faith in McKinnon as a backup.  We need to pick up a running back tomorrow

Raise your hand if you were wondering what the team could get for Murray a few weeks ago.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Raise your hand if you were wondering what the team could get for Murray a few weeks ago.
I wasn't, not because he's better, but because I remember trying to use Matt Asiata as starter.  I can't brush my teeth enough to get that taste out of my mouth