Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ugly game- turnovers key again
Vikings turn the ball over too much and missed too many turn over opportunities on D.   Killer plays or lack thereof.

Hoping Cook isn't an ACL too

Hope Sam comes back next week.

Shurmur made a stupid decision to call a wildcat play on a drive that was moving well. That flipped the momentum in Detroit's and put the team in an awful situation. Cook then fumbles and gets hurt on the next series, but he wouldn't have been in that position if they had not killed the previous drive with the wildcat.

It sounds like they are concerned that Cook tore his ACL, which is consistent with him being able to walk after his injury. We really need Bradford back, because things get a lot harder on offense without the threat of a running game. We have better depth with Murray and to a degree McKinnon, but it is a huge dropoff from Cook.

I felt bad for the defense. They fought hard. Definitely ugly and brutal. 

This game played out pretty much as I thought. People around here were a little too giddy after last week's win. Detroit is serious this year. Probably a better all around team than GB.

Vikes gave this one away.  I really don't see a dominant team in the NFCN.  Really sucks about Cook, this team really is snake bit.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
Tired of that. They are highly-paid and lauded. Tom Johnson proclaimed them one of the best defenses in the NFL.

But they never win close, low-scoring games. A GREAT defense would win at least half its low-scoring games. It would CAUSE turnovers more often than their opponents. It would setup the offense, and step up and make up for a bad day by our offense.

Zimmer's defense is above average. That's all. Maybe Tom J meant they are one of the best when they aren't on the field much and the offense spots them a nice lead. Big deal.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
Yup - I could fault Kendricks for missing tackles all over the field today, but the scoreboard said the Vikings gave up only 14 pts...

14 pts and this team cant win - at home. 

Smells like a mediocre team to me...We'll see, they need to win the next 2 and they need Bradford back.

Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
Vikes gave this one away.  I really don't see a dominant team in the NFCN.  Really sucks about Cook, this team really is snake bit.
Detroit should be 4/0. I think the Lions are a top 4 team in the NFC. 

Rather see them win The North instead of the F'ing Packers again. 

Outcoached. Period. Got run on by one of the worst rushing teams in the League.  How many LOS pick plays resulted in Lions wide freaking open in the flats? Where the H was the tackling? 

And Shurmer sure humped the bunk today. Down 2 LBs should equal lots of room for the intermediate game. But Rudolph was invisible until the Fourth Quarter. Slants? Screens? Pick plays? 

Nope. Looked like Uncle Norv at OC again.  And no halftime adjustments at all. Combine that with brutal special teams and turnovers and the fact that Detroit simply didn't regress from the Playoff team they were last year and the fact that the game was eminently winnable late in the 4th proves the damn talent is there.

Coaches lost this game.

Quote: @"FSUVike" said:
Outcoached. Period. Got run on by one of the worst rushing teams in the League.  How many LOS pick plays resulted in Lions wide freaking open in the flats? Where the H was the tackling? 

And Shurmer sure humped the bunk today. Down 2 LBs should equal lots of room for the intermediate game. But Rudolph was invisible until the Fourth Quarter. Slants? Screens? Pick plays? 

Nope. Looked like Uncle Norv at OC again.  And no halftime adjustments at all. Combine that with brutal special teams and turnovers and the fact that Detroit simply didn't regress from the Playoff team they were last year and the fact that the game was eminently winnable late in the 4th proves the damn talent is there.

Coaches lost this game.
Very disappointed in Shurmur and in the offensive game plan today...As wonderful as it was to watch last week, it was depressing and non-effective today.

edit: and some of this falls on Keenum as well. He F'ed up the line call big-time when S broke free near the goal-line. He's a backup for a reason. Was hoping he'd have two weeks of magic in him, but he didnt.