Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florio: Dalvin on pace for AP like workload...
After a decade of having the offense built around running back Adrian Peterson, the Vikings are diversifying. Unless they aren’t.
Rookie Dalvin Cook has 71 touches through Week Three, an average of 23.66 per game. It projects to 378 touches for the season.
As a rookie 10 years ago, Peterson had 257.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-workload/

It definitely wasn’t supposed to be this way, and it’s hard to imagine Cook being used so much over the rest of the year. Racking up 378 touches would compare Cook with Peterson in his prime years, like 2008 (384 touches), 2009 (357 touches), 2012 (388 touches), and 2015 (357 touches).
Potential overuse of Cook is one of the topics that was discussed when Paul Allen of KFAN (and voice of the Vikings) gave PFT Live a phone call on Friday. As usual, he supplied the boom, and I provided the gloom.

I say burn and churn RBs. They have a short shelf life. Load up the good ones and ride their asses until the wheels fall off. Then draft another. Rinse, wash and repeat.

Ride the hot hand, but they gotta watch the carries too...Latavius should be getting more touches as the season wears on...

Dalvin is going to be the better for it come Nov/Dec. It's a long season, especially for a rook. 

Feels like Murray is in the doghouse...could be  season long thing...I'd like to see him start to get more than 2 touches a game...even if it's in an H-Back role...

20 carries per game and 3 receptions.  Maybe 18 carries per game and 5 receptions would be better?  The guy 
has played better as the games go on so I would not reduce his workload too much.  

If this team has post season plans they better start conserving Cook.  Use him when you need him but look for more opportunities to work in LM, JM,  and even Ham in the RB role.  If Cook has 20 touches a game that plenty.

There will be some dogfights down the stretch where we need our best RB in the whole game and I want him fresh for those games,  not padding stats as we run out the clock.