Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Of Thrones Marathon On
Seasons 1-6 on HBO2...

12 DAYS!!!!

Going to start binging a bit on S6 before 7/16...So much to steep in again.. Can't frigging wait. 

Just finished season 6...probably rivals season 4 as the best of the series to date IMO...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Just finished season 6...probably rivals season 4 as the best of the series to date IMO...
The Finale of S6 was just Epic...Nothing short of amazing. I'm like a dumb asz teen living in his parents basement eating pizza rolls when it comes to GoT.

Really like GoT. And if I understood half of what was going on, I'd like it even more. :-)

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Really like GoT. And if I understood half of what was going on, I'd like it even more. :-)

I didnt get into it till a couple of years ago. My wife has been after me for a long time to watch it. She sat down with me as I tore through the 1st 6 seasons and for her it was worth it. She said there was so much more to pick up on as the story line is detailed and nuanced. 

Long way of saying GoT is worth watching twice. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:

I didnt get into it till a couple of years ago. My wife has been after me for a long time to watch it. She sat down with me as I tore through the 1st 6 seasons and for her it was worth it. She said there was so much more to pick up on as the story line is detailed and nuanced. 

Long way of saying GoT is worth watching twice. 

Yeah, or reading some sort of synopsis. The biggest problem for me is knowing who's who and how they relate to the various cousins and uncles and houses and kingdoms. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Daenerys getting the Unsullied was one of my favorite parts of the books and looked forward to the scene on the show as much as anything else.  I loved that they gave no hint of her understanding Valyrian at all for almost 2 1/2 seasons until the moment she takes the slaver's whip, and that none of her companions knew either.  And of course, Emilia always does so awesome speaking it. "Zaldrīzes buzdari iksos daor" I love that line!

Even though I own all the season box sets and have watched every episode many times I ended up watching quite a bit of the marathon over the weekend.  Most of the time between seasons I end up just rewatching the most recent season so it had been a while for the earlier episodes.  Smile

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Check this site out for ALL GoT questions - you will not find a site that breaks down every character, ALL the history etc than this place. It helped me our when I started watching since it can be very confusing to get a grip on all the different characters, there history and how they are intertwined - will explain history that really helps, such as all the Noble Houses and who is/ was associated with each house, the War of the Five Kings and how that created the current power structure that we see in GoT. All your questions can be answered here:

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Game...rones_Wiki

Quote: @NorthernCalVike said:
@MaroonBells said:
Check this site out for ALL GoT questions - you will not find a site that breaks down every character, ALL the history etc than this place. It helped me our when I started watching since it can be very confusing to get a grip on all the different characters, there history and how they are intertwined - will explain history that really helps, such as all the Noble Houses and who is/ was associated with each house, the War of the Five Kings and how that created the current power structure that we see in GoT. All your questions can be answered here:

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Game...rones_Wiki
Very cool, thanks!