Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chargers Definitely Not Moving Back To San Diego
Dean Spanos - C - ChargersThe NFL has denied it's already considering moving the Chargers back to San Diego.

"We are committed to and confident of the long-term success of the two teams in Los Angeles," the league said in a statement. Speculation arose last week that the NFL was already considering pulling the plug on the experiment, which has been an abject disaster so far this season. Playing in 27,000-seat soccer stadium "StubHub Center," the Bolts have failed to sell out both home games. The fans who did show up were primarily rooting for the Dolphins and Chiefs. Frankly, moving the team back makes more sense than keeping it in L.A., but that ship has probably sailed.

Source: ESPN.com Sep 28 - 4:50 PM

Which means they're moving back to S.D.....I mean c'mon, you can't fill a large H.S. stadium?

You think the other 30 owners want to pay back the multimillion dollar relocation fees...

Report: Rams, Chargers to pay $645 million each in NFL relocation feeshttps://www.si.com/nfl/2017/07/13/rams-chargers-raiders-nfl-relocation-fees

might as well have relocated to the Moon... i suppose there is still time

Could you imagine? The fans are sad that the team leaves and then there is speculation that they are coming back. That's kind of cruel. But 2 teams in Los Angeles is ridiculous.

I discussed this with a buddy in San Diego today. He loathes the team but would welcome them back no problem. He claims that San Diegans can't stay mad at anyone.

Quote: @"Clanzomaelan" said:
I discussed this with a buddy in San Diego today. He loathes the team but would welcome them back no problem. He claims that San Diegans can't stay mad at anyone.
Neither could I living there...

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
You think the other 30 owners want to pay back the multimillion dollar relocation fees...

Report: Rams, Chargers to pay $645 million each in NFL relocation fees
This was such a stupid move the owners should forfeit his money for approving it and the chargers owners should have their franchise taken away.  Just plain stupid from  the start. 

After all the shit the owners and players have taken while ratings have clearly been falling and attendance dwindling, this move couldn't have come at a worse time, in a worse market. As Jimmy alluded, the Spanos clan really should be stripped of the franchise and they should put the Chargers back in San Diego, with new ownership, and the NFL paying the entire bill for a new stadium. The league needs a huge PR bump. 

And it all happened under the reign of the worst sports commissioner of all time...

[Image: fire-roger-goodell-meme.jpeg]

I can't understand why they aren't looking at putting a team in Mexico.  It would be wildly successful.

Mexico City is at a high altitude, yes, but it's the largest city in North America, with 21 million people.