Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Helene was a bitch, here comes Milton the Son of a Bitch
This thing has just exploded into a Cat 5 with 180 mph winds.  Headed right for the Florida Gulf Coast.  It's supposed to "weaken" into a Cat 3 by landfall.  Worst case scenario is Tampa Bay finally takes the direct hit it's dodged so many times.

Y'all stay safe down there!!!

Unfortunately, the northern edge of the Yucatan Peninsula may get hit with Milton at full cat 5. Some of those communities may be wiped off the map. Talk about Paradise Lost.

Get the hell out of there and stay safe.

Tampa is going to get it good.....that city has avoided a hit for a long time. Just some gusts and some rain down by me in southern Palm Beach County. This is going to be a bad one for the western upper part of the state.

Man,

Supposed to double in size by Wed evening and back to a Cat 5. I read where TB hasn't been hit directly by a major storm since 1921. 

Ive vacationed a bunch in TB/SP, Fort Myers, Sanibel. Iit literally turns into little MN down there in snow bird and baseball training camp season. 

Prayers from MN for our FL bros/sisters!!

(10-08-2024, 08:48 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: Man,

Supposed to double in size by Wed evening and back to a Cat 5. I read where TB hasn't been hit directly by a major storm since 1921. 

Ive vacationed a bunch in TB/SP, Fort Myers, Sanibel. Iit literally turns into little MN down there in snow bird and baseball training camp season. 

Prayers from MN for our FL bros/sisters!!

This is far from a science right now.  I've heard it should be a Cat 3 by landfall in FL but that isn't the bad part.  It's the potential 20 foot surge.  There's no good outcome most likely, but a direct hit on Tampa may be the worst.

Good (?) news: Milton track seems to have shifted slightly south, which might save Clearwater and Tampa from the worst. Bad news is Bradenton/Sarasota may be kissing their asses goodbye.

And my old home of Jacksonville might get it from 2 directions without even a direct hit: rainfall flowing down the St. John's river running into a backside storm surge coming up the river mouth like plugging a bathtub. Glug glug glug. IIRC both Irma and Maria in the last decade got Jax like that. Which would be a helluva joke on the thousands of people who have evacuated to Jax from the Gulf.