Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Niners go belt to ass on the Jets
No CMC against a VERY good defense…no matter. Niners D looked really good as well. 

Next week will tell the true status of this team. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if we were 6 point dogs or more.

Not sure anyone thought the Vikings would be San Fran good in 2024. So the status of the team is they have a bridge QB that can play well against possibly the worst team in the NFL. That's where it is currently. The odds are still against Darnold, but one week at a time. I'm sure Shanahan will have a book on how to play Sam....and conversely, Sam will have some insight into the 49ers gameplan.
I thought Minnesota benefitted from Darnold's vet savvy and arm talent Sunday.

Always nice to see Rodgers go down.

Rodgers is out of the conference, would rsther have seen the niners take an L and put their fans on a sour note coming into Viking week.
[-] The following 5 users Like JimmyinSD's post:

(09-10-2024, 06:28 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: Rodgers is out of the conference,  would rsther have seen the niners take an L and put their fans on a sour note coming into Viking week.

That's basically where my brother and I were at, last night. We LOVE seeing Rodgers lose at anything, but also recognize the value of having our high-caliber adversary knocked down a few pegs prior to Sunday's game.

On the flip side, we beat SF without JJ last year, Darnold stands to be a competitive level QB with what Kirko gave us against SF last season (which was pretty damned good, honestly), and my main concern is always centered right where Bradbury/Ingram stand...but, also, I'm hoping Flores has answers for the latest version of the SF offense.

I'm confident, but it's a big game that's very early in our schedule.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!

49'ers are my 2nd favorite NFC team. They have kept many teams I dislike out of the SB and did it more than once.

I know we got one hell of a home winning streak against them, but it is going to be a big boy game Sunday for sure.

They are solid in D, running and passing. A good measuring stick vs a team that took #15 into overtime in the last SB.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

(09-10-2024, 09:07 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: 49'ers are my 2nd favorite NFC team. They have kept many teams I dislike out of the SB and did it more than once.

I know we got one hell of a home winning streak against them, but it is going to be a big boy game Sunday for sure.

They are solid in D, running and passing. A good measuring stick vs a team that took #15 into overtime in the last SB.

What is this 2nd favorite team shit? :-)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

(09-10-2024, 09:11 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: What is this 2nd favorite team shit? :-)

Hey, the enemy of my enemy....
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

I thought the Jets D looked considerably weaker than last year. Thought I heard they are missing some guys, not sure. I was surprised at the poor performance on that side of the ball.

The Niners are beastly, we better buckle up for next Sunday.

(09-10-2024, 09:32 AM)comet52 Wrote: The Niners are beastly, we better buckle up for next Sunday.

As previously mentioned, its a big boy football game. Glad its at U.S. Bank. I expect Aaron Jones to catch some passes on Sunday.

49ers impressed me on both sides of the ball.
I didn't see any real weaknesses as they simply continued to build the score. I turned it off in the 4th quarter, I saw what I wanted to see.
The wife asked me who I was pulling for in that game, and I honestly told her that I wanted Rodgers to lose (Packer hate carries onto another team...how about that?), but I was really just scouting for the Vikings next game. I saw an impressive opponent for the home opener.