Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Giants depth chart
https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/depth/_/na...ork-giants

I tell you my in depth knowledge of the league is way down from my younger days but I went through the Giants depth chart and it looks like on paper we should be 10 point favorites in this game. 

Their Oline has been a mess, their backs and receivers mediocre,  Now the D has a couple studs but our T’s match up so unless Dexter Lawrence is an absolute game wrecker I think we win easily.

lol. JMO.....but I think some Vikings fans are going to be in for a letdown come late Sunday afternoon. Hope I'm wrong.

(09-06-2024, 12:57 PM)Bullazin Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/depth/_/na...ork-giants

I tell you my in depth knowledge of the league is way down from my younger days but I went through the Giants depth chart and it looks like on paper we should be 10 point favorites in this game. 

Their Oline has been a mess, their backs and receivers mediocre,  Now the D has a couple studs but our T’s match up so unless Dexter Lawrence is an absolute game wrecker I think we win easily.

I think sentiment is that Daniel Jones >>> Sam Darnold, plus NYG is at home. So I can see why the line is close to pk.

But I agree, if our offense can do enough then we should get a victory. Biggest keys to the game for me on either side-

Offense: Running game. Can Aaron Jones get enough yards and make enough plays to take some heat off the passing game? Will KO call enough plays to give him the chance?

Defense: Secondary. If we get carved up by Daniel Jones on Sunday it might be a longgg year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pattersaur's post:

First game of the year is always a shitshow. you never know who's actually ready and who's not. Also, can't predict how the rest of the season is going to be, based on the first game. There's always so much over-reaction after the first game. We have so many new faces on defense. I think our season really depends on how much better Darnold is than in the past, how much Aaron Jones can hold up, and how long it takes our defense to gel.
[-] The following 1 user Likes medaille's post:

(09-06-2024, 01:04 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: lol. JMO.....but I think some Vikings fans are going to be in for a letdown come late Sunday afternoon. Hope I'm wrong.

LOL. Curious why you think that.

(09-06-2024, 04:16 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: LOL. Curious why you think that.

Me too Sticky

I think QB1 is going to sink the team this year. I see a lot of optimism with a team that's transitional at the most important position in football.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

I think the Giants OL is a little underrated. They rank 28th going into the season, but that's mostly because they were bad last year due to injuries and a crap rookie. They brought in a couple players including Jon Runyan from the Packers. If John Michael Schmidt, the worst graded center in the league, starts to put it together in year two, they could be a top half unit. I also think Daniel Jones is a little underrated. He can be very good on occasion. Hope Sunday is not one of those occasions.

Where the Giants are weak IMO is in the secondary. If the IOL can hold serve against big Dexter (big question) Darnold should find open receivers all over the meadowlands.