Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
High of 71, sunny and winds at 10 mph....
....in East Rutherford, New Jersey for game time Sunday. Just about perfect. Let's light this candle.

[Image: usatsi_23967398.jpg]

Yup, thats perfection weather wise...Maybe even a little cooler would have been good.

It's gotta be a nice feeling for Darnold knowing this is his team, at least for now.

(09-06-2024, 11:39 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: Yup, thats perfection weather wise...Maybe even a little cooler would have been good.

It's gotta be a nice feeling for Darnold knowing this is his team, at least for now.

The dude has my support. I don't feel confident he'll come through, but that's why they play the games. Sam is driving the bus for 2024. 

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b9524ja0dxls1fldiyz61w9...w.gif&ct=g]
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

just curious Sticky, did you play the game? LOL, I am just fucking with you, but 70 and sunny may be great for baseball, but thats plenty warm for football, especially when you wear dark helmets and jerseys. give me 40 and cloudy any day.
[-] The following 2 users Like JimmyinSD's post:

True Jimmy, but it beats the hell out of a FL 90+ day. 

I will say this about the 24 Vikings - if you are going to be mediocre? Then just plain suck and end-up with 5 or 6 wins

Dont get me a #13 pick instead of 5 or 7.
[-] The following 2 users Like purplefaithful's post:

(09-06-2024, 11:50 AM)JimmyinSD Wrote: just curious Sticky,  did you play the game?  LOL,  I am just fucking with you,  but 70 and sunny may be great for baseball,  but thats plenty warm for football,  especially when you wear dark helmets and jerseys.  give me 40 and cloudy any day.

Most high school football players that move on to the college ranks are from California, Texas, Georgia, Louisiana and Florida. So they aren't playing in 40 degree cloudy weather. I'd bet a paycheck that their preference isn't playing in the weather you are talking about. 71 degrees and low humidity isn't hot, lol. You've been in the Dakotas too long, dude.

I played in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in High School......hated playing in the cold. But its not like there's a choice. You literally could not pay me to live in the Upper Midwest year round. I did my time, lol.

(09-06-2024, 01:03 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Most high school football players that move on to the college ranks are from California, Texas, Georgia, Louisiana and Florida. So they aren't playing in 40 degree cloudy weather. I'd bet a paycheck that their preference isn't playing in the weather you are talking about. 71 degrees and low humidity isn't hot, lol. You've been in the Dakotas too long, dude.

I played in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan in High School......hated playing in the cold. But its not like there's a choice. You literally could not pay me to live in the Upper Midwest year round. I did my time, lol.

Stickier...I forgot about that about you.  I lived in da UP for 10 years.  Were you over in Houghton/Hancock, the Marquette area or where?  I lived in the Ironwood/Hurley/Bessemer/Wakefield area for a decade and still have fond memories of Yoopers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

(09-06-2024, 05:52 PM)Montana Tom Wrote: Stickier...I forgot about that about you.  I lived in da UP for 10 years.  Were you over in Houghton/Hancock, the Marquette area or where?  I lived in the Ironwood/Hurley/Bessemer/Wakefield area for a decade and still have fond memories of Yoopers.

Escanaba area, farther south. Went to High School at Bark River-Harris. Class D All Star Upper Michigan basketball player in in 19983-84!

(09-06-2024, 11:55 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: I will say this about the 24 Vikings - if you are going to be mediocre? Then just plain suck and end-up with 5 or 6 wins

Dont get me a #13 pick instead of 5 or 7.

That's why I think signing Gilmore and restructuring Hockenson were mistakes. Throwing away cap room for next year when they can really contend in order to still miss the playoffs this year and screw up our '25 1st round pick.
[-] The following 2 users Like RS_Express's post:

(09-07-2024, 12:09 AM)RS_Express Wrote: That's why I think signing Gilmore and restructuring Hockenson were mistakes.  Throwing away cap room for next year when they can really contend in order to still miss the playoffs this year and screw up our '25 1st round pick.

I agree with this.