Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's still early, but worth watching...
 After ranking third in the NFL in total defense and sixth in scoring defense last season, the Vikings are 20th and 12th in those two categories through three games.
Not sure playing the Lions are going to help those stats...I just care about the W though. 

Only really care about scoring defense the other accounts for garbage time stat yards vs prevent which we have done in the Saints and Buccs games.  Defense is playing very well, big improvement vs the run holding to 3 yds per carry.  Not as many sacks or turnovers compared to the fast start last year but overall playing very good defense.   

Meanwhile over on the other side of the ball, we have the #2 offense, 3rd in passing, 15 in rushing...

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
 Meanwhile over on the other side of the ball, we have the #2 offense, 3rd in passing, 15 in rushing...
How the hell are we 15 in rushing with the #2 tail-back in yards?

My bad, #11
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/team-stats?season=2017&week=100&category=rushing&sort=2

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
What a difference a year makes.

I think we are around 12th in points scored over 24 and 12th in points given up around 20.  

Only Tennessee and Jax have given up less sacks so far...wow...

remember all the hand wringing coming out of the preseason?  remember the calls for Shurmurs job?  boy i bet those folks feel kind of silly right now.

@purplefaithful said:
Quote:
 After ranking third in the NFL in total defense and sixth in scoring defense last season, the Vikings are 20th and 12th in those two categories through three games.
Not sure playing the Lions are going to help those stats...I just care about the W though. 
I wonder if we will hear comments about the offense having to carry the defense - reversing the complaints of last year. Zimmer's defenses have never been stifling: Vikings in his tenure have only held an opponent under 10 points twice, both times in 2014 (St. Louis and Chicago). The only game you could call a "victory by the defense" was beating KC 16-10 in 2015. 

Not saying our defense is a problem. It's good - just not great.