Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Diggs went to the Mike Zimmer School of Blame
Forced a trade from two teams....and its all Minnesota and Buffalo's fault. Still yakking about it. Blah, blah blah. How long before Stroud and Diggs clash? CJ is a confident kid, he won't back down to Diva Diggs's bullshit.

(09-04-2024, 05:43 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Forced a trade from two teams....and its all Minnesota and Buffalo's fault. Still yakking about it. Blah, blah blah. How long before Stroud and Diggs clash? CJ is a confident kid, he won't back down to Diva Diggs's bullshit.

Diva Diggs is an ahole. 

I don’t understand Zim, you would think taking responsibility would be a part of his message.  I guess he thinks he did well enough to get us where we needed to go and no one else around him did.

I'm still a little surprised knowing his history, that the Texans deemed it wise to bring in Diggs who could potentially sour their star, second year quarterback and be in his ear on the sidelines every game. I wouldn't do anything to derail the upward trajectory of Stroud, especially with Nico Collins and Tank Dell already on the roster. I would have taken a shot on someone like Jerry Jeudy before Diggs at this point. Certainly has the potential to blow up in their faces
[-] The following 4 users Like supafreak84's post:

Zimm is our Buddy Ryan. A whiney B**** who thinks he is above reproach. I had wanted him gone about 3 years prior and advocated on here for it. But oh well, better late than never.
[-] The following 2 users Like minny65's post:

(09-04-2024, 07:51 AM)Bullazin Wrote: Diva Diggs is an ahole. 

I don’t understand Zim, you would think taking responsibility would be a part of his message.  I guess he thinks he did well enough to get us where we needed to go and no one else around him did.

More and more, I think Zim's successes were kinda distorted...because he had a LOT of help from some great players and OCs.

He was supposedly the "cornerback whisperer", but his best corner in Purple was Rhodes, drafted by Frazier. None of the kids drafted afterwards amounted to much of anything.

He had some great OCs...BRIEFLY, in each case. I think Shurmur, in particular, made the 2017 offense work even as Keenum had to step up.

He can blame Kirk's pay for losing defensive players, but other teams had more expensive QBs and didn't have their defenses fall into the bottoms of the rankings...so...sorry, Zimmer, sell that elsewhere.

I think he was never fully equipped to be a HC, and some of his statements/behaviors confirm that. I'm very disappointed at all the scapegoating, but I shouldn't have been surprised.
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Zanary's post:

(09-04-2024, 08:03 AM)minny65 Wrote: Zimm is our Buddy Ryan.  A whiney B**** who thinks he is above reproach.  I had wanted him gone about 3 years prior and advocated on here for it.  But oh well, better late than never.

Yep, and an interesting story came out yesterday seeing he's close with Eric Kendricks. When Minnesota drafted Kendricks, ol Red Ass slammed the table so hard it almost broke and stormed out of the draft room. Z wanted Bernardrick McKinney....who turned into absolutely nothing.
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

(09-04-2024, 08:01 AM)supafreak84 Wrote: I'm still a little surprised knowing his history, that the Texans deemed it wise to bring in Diggs who could potentially sour their star, second year quarterback and be in his ear on the sidelines every game. I wouldn't do anything to derail the upward trajectory of Stroud, especially with Nico Collins and Tank Dell already on the roster. I would have taken a shot on someone like Jerry Jeudy before Diggs at this point. Certainly has the potential to blow up in their faces

This trade surprised me too, for the reasons you mention.

But I have a possible unpopular opinion regarding Diggs: I think he has a huge season.

Current narrative seems to be that Diggs fell off last year, now he's cooked, and the Bills got out at the right time. I don't think this is the case at all.

My thinking is that Diggs saw his role change when the Bills made the OC switch last season, didn't like it, and wanted out. He's done this exact same thing before as we know, and he followed it up with a monster year. I'm sure he'll become disgruntled again at some point in the future, but I think the honeymoon will last for at least one season and he and Stroud, along with their other WRs, are going to thrive.

Anyone assuming the Bills didn't bungle this is giving their FO way too much credit. Let's see.

(09-04-2024, 08:34 AM)pattersaur Wrote: This trade surprised me too, for the reasons you mention.

But I have a possible unpopular opinion regarding Diggs: I think he has a huge season.

Current narrative seems to be that Diggs fell off last year, now he's cooked, and the Bills got out at the right time. I don't think this is the case at all.

My thinking is that Diggs saw his role change when the Bills made the OC switch last season, didn't like it, and wanted out. He's done this exact same thing before as we know, and he followed it up with a monster year. I'm sure he'll become disgruntled again at some point in the future, but I think the honeymoon will last for at least one season and he and Stroud, along with their other WRs, are going to thrive.

Anyone assuming the Bills didn't bungle this is giving their FO way too much credit. Let's see.

Nah, I don't read anywhere where people think he's 'cooked'. He'll be 31 in November and I don't doubt his abilities. Him having a pretty good season doesn't take away from the fact that the dude is a diva.

(09-04-2024, 08:38 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Nah, I don't read anywhere where people think he's 'cooked'. He'll be 31 in November and I don't doubt his abilities. Him having a pretty good season doesn't take away from the fact that the dude is a diva.

He's definitely a diva and definitely a great receiver. Agreed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pattersaur's post:

Man,

Diggs is going to be 31 already? WTF???

I agree with Supa, its a gamble - but the flip side is incredible production + Stroud learns more from a veteran who's played at an elite level in the league.