Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings 2024 Rookie Class
PFF College@PFF_College
Highest Graded Rookie Offensive Tackles this Preseason:

Tyler Guyton, DAL: 80.6
Walter Rouse, MIN: 72.5

Seth Walder@SethWalder
Irresponsible preseason stat of the day: fastest average pass rush get off, defensive tackles (min. 20 snaps).

Norell Pollard (WAS), 0.86s
Levi Drake Rodriguez (MIN), 0.87
Trysten Hill (NE), 0.87
Mike Morris (SEA), 0.88
Taven Bryan (IND), 0.89

Bobby Football@Rob__Paul
Some rookie IDL leaders in preseason (min. 15 snaps)

Most pressures: Elijah Chatman (5)
Highest pass rush win rate: Maason Smith (20.8%)
Most run stops: Taki Taimani (5)
Highest run stop rate: Taki Taimani (20%)

[Image: GVXrzsEWUAAVoqt?format=jpg&name=medium]
[-] The following 3 users Like MaroonBells's post:

Our scouts deserves some big bonus money, think about what they did from round 5 and on, Rouse, Jurgens, Reichard, LDR and then they topped it off with an amazing UDFA class, I would say the top 4 below have a legit chance of making the roster and all of them will at least be on the PS.

Dwight McGlothern (CB)
Taki Taimani (DL)
Gabriel Murphy (OLB)
Dallas Gant (LB)
Jeshaun Jones (WR)
Owen Porter (OLB)
Bo Richter (OLB)
[-] The following 1 user Likes JR44's post:

(08-21-2024, 01:31 PM)JR44 Wrote: Our scouts deserves some big bonus money, think about what they did from round 5 and on, Rouse, Jurgens, Reichard, LDR and then they topped it off with an amazing UDFA class, I would say the top 4 below have a legit chance of making the roster and all of them will at least be on the PS. 

Dwight McGlothern (CB)
Taki Taimani (DL)
Gabriel Murphy (OLB)
Dallas Gant (LB)
Jeshaun Jones (WR)
Owen Porter (OLB)
Bo Richter (OLB)

This whole draft class seems like a hit which would be awesome to cancel out the bust of the 2022 class.  Way too early to say, but...

IMO, preseason never tells you much about your starting team, but it says a lot about your depth.  So far this preseason, it sure looks like we found some dudes.

The UDFA class has some players in it.  I wouldn't be surprised to see McGlothern push for a starting spot next season (or get time if Gilmore or Griffen miss time with injury).  Taki looks like a big athletic run stopper.  Bo Richter keeps showing up as a pass rusher and Murphy has been getting some press from the coaches.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MAD GAINZ's post:

Taki Taimani is a load: 6'2", 325 lbs. Not a ton of production in college. Upside is probably a run stuffing big body in the middle situationally, but I'd take that. A wide body on the goal line, 3rd and short, etc....its needed. My guess is he'll start out on the practice squad if he even makes the team.

Overview
A two-gapping wide-body capable of standing firm when manning his gaps, Taimani has some pop and anchor to battle along the interior but is a non-factor as a rusher. He has shown the ability to play at a variety of weights, but he’s lacking initial snap quickness and rarely captures lateral positioning or the neutral zone off the snap. Taimani might not have the traits or versatility to be drafted, but players with power who can challenge run games will always have a chance to make a roster.

Walter Rouse is a big man. Long way to go for him, but so far so good. Naturally big, not an overpuffed TE like Matt Kalil.

I think Kwesi (preliminarily) has done a pretty solid draft overall this year, in terms of value and the number that may be able to stick. If he hits on as many (both drafted and UDFAs) as it looks like this will be his stock-up year because we have so few draft picks next year (which is fine with me).

I am okay with Kwesi getting better each year with his drafts.