Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observations from “Buc Hunting” and an apology for last week

[Image: ZO_slide-300x108.jpg]Observations from “Buc Hunting” and an apology for last week
So…yeah, I didn’t post a column last week.  Sorry ’bout that. Life kinda demanded my full attention, and I neglected a few typical things, including “Velspar” (sorry, …

Read the full story here

Sorry for the delay, folks....

Nice recovery Z...good wrap up as usual! Smile

Nice write up

Love it Z.  Are you concerned about the chunks of yardage we gave up in the pass defense in the early going?  Maybe it was a trade off to stop the run

thabks for doing this 

Quote: @Tom Moore said:
Love it Z.  Are you concerned about the chunks of yardage we gave up in the pass defense in the early going?  Maybe it was a trade off to stop the run

thabks for doing this 
I was, and am.  Winston seemingly couldn't miss for WAY too many passes, and it seemed like they could move the chains at will...initially.

I'm also, admittedly, very frustrated with Trae Waynes.  I think him making the occasional "redemption play" actually adds to the frustration, because it keeps him from getting completely benched.

Keep in mind on Waynes he has a lockdown receiver playing opposite the field from him. I haven't seen pass distribution stats but I have to believe he is seeing more attempts coming his way. 

Quote: @Zanary said:
@Tom Moore said:

thabks for doing this 
I was, and am.  Winston seemingly couldn't miss for WAY too many passes, and it seemed like they could move the chains at will...initially.

I'm also, admittedly, very frustrated with Trae Waynes.  I think him making the occasional "redemption play" actually adds to the frustration, because it keeps him from getting completely benched.
Pretty sure those were all scripted plays based on weaknesses they identified in their scouting report. The key is that the Vikings adjusted and shut it down for the most part. 

Great write up, I agree with most of it.  Mike Olson brings up a good point, that with Rhodes on the other side they are gonna stay away from him which means more he may need help on his side.

Please don't stop playing because you missed one week. Missing several weeks you will have a hard time catching up. There's also bonus points for a top 10 finish pet week and the end of year wager can make you a champion, just ask zerker