Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If some of you INSIST on being upbeat....
https://www.si.com/nfl/j-j-mccarthy-lost...e-blessing

Here's the article for you. Enjoy. 

Signed,
Still Crabby in South Florida

[Image: you-mad-grumpy.gif]

Robert Griffin III on Twitter
@RGIII
Absolutely LOVE the fact that the @Vikings, HC Kevin O’Connell and the team Doctors prioritized J.J. McCarthy’s LONG TERM HEALTH AND FUTURE over the immediate gains of playing him this season. All players want to play, but repairing his meniscus and taking the longer approach to full healing was the right decision. He proved in camp and in his preseason game that he is QB1. Repairing instead of the quick fix clean up ensures he will not be bone on bone in his knee and give him the best chance for success now and for the next 15 years. The young man is special, the Vikings know that and they are willing to wait on greatness. And he will be great.
[-] The following 5 users Like StickierBuns's post:

Given that he was potentially sitting the whole season anyway...I didn't want him hurt, and he'd be my preferred QB2 at the moment, but some of the people on social media acting like his injury was an H-Bomb to our 2024 season are just bizarre. Darnold has basically been QB1 since his signing, and might even fight to keep the job more than 1 season...which would mean playing really well, what a thought!
LET'S WREAK SOME FUGGIN' HAVOK, VIKINGS!!! SKOL!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Zanary's post:

Vikings Central
@VikesCentral
·
1h
"Sounds like JJ McCarthys recovery time will be closer to the 3-4 month timeline, instead of the 6+ month.

Could this indicate the Vikings might keep him off of IR to start the season?

He could play way down the stretch if he is ready?"

I don't think Minnesota has plans to play him this year coming off the injury, but they also may not put him on IR so he can maybe do some things toward the end of the season that would help his development.

(08-15-2024, 01:11 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Vikings Central
@VikesCentral
·
1h
"Sounds like JJ McCarthys recovery time will be closer to the 3-4 month timeline, instead of the 6+ month.

Could this indicate the Vikings might keep him off of IR to start the season?

He could play way down the stretch if he is ready?"

I don't think Minnesota has plans to play him this year coming off the injury, but they also may not put him on IR so he can maybe do some things toward the end of the season that would help his development.

I don’t think this is accurate thinking in terms of the IR rules.  I’m not a rules guy, but I believe we can put some number of players on injured reserve who we expect to return at some point.  I think we’ll see JJM and maybe Hockenson put on IR near the end of roster cutdown and he will be available to return this season if need be.  I do think the number of spots are limited, so if we suffer a lot of short term injuries he might get put on IR that keeps him out the whole season.

3 months is mid-November. Just in time to take over for floundering Sam Darnold who'll probably be around 2-8 at that point. Wink
[-] The following 3 users Like comet52's post:

(08-15-2024, 11:47 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Robert Griffin III on Twitter
@RGIII
Absolutely LOVE the fact that the @Vikings, HC Kevin O’Connell and the team Doctors prioritized J.J. McCarthy’s LONG TERM HEALTH AND FUTURE over the immediate gains of playing him this season. All players want to play, but repairing his meniscus and taking the longer approach to full healing was the right decision. He proved in camp and in his preseason game that he is QB1. Repairing instead of the quick fix clean up ensures he will not be bone on bone in his knee and give him the best chance for success now and for the next 15 years. The young man is special, the Vikings know that and they are willing to wait on greatness. And he will be great.

ITs nice to hear RG3 is a fan...

The reality is that this was always going to be a medical decision, KOC didnt have a say in it. But I suspect he agreed with the route the surgeon took.

I told you this would happen, he's that kind of genuine personality:

"Everyone gravitates towards [McCarthy], no one is gravitating towards Sam [Darnold]" 
- @jzulgad
on J.J. McCarthy commanding the field

Tommy Kramer
@Kramer9Tommy
·11h
Judd…You are 100 percent correct about everything you said about McCarthy, many don’t understand, but you are right, great take.

https://twitter.com/SKORNorth/status/182...5965659186

Jim Harbaugh on J.J. McCarthy’s season-ending injury:

“I know how the story’s gonna end with J.J. I’ve seen this movie before. There’s nothing that can keep him down. It’s not gonna be life-altering. Bump in the road.”

The Purple Persuasion
@TPPSkol
·Per
@DMRussini
via Scoop City, #Vikings WR Justin Jefferson told her he plans to continue “chopping it up” with rookie QB J.J. McCarthy and teaching him during the season even though he’ll be rehabbing.

lol, this fucking kid:

The Purple Persuasion
@TPPSkol
·
5m
Per
@Vikings
HC Kevin O’Connell via
@DMRussini
on Scoop City, J.J. McCarthy, for his rookie show performance, sang Tupac.

McCarthy declined the background music and only asked for someone to give him a beat.

O’Connell said he “nailed it” lol.

The Purple Persuasion
@TPPSkol
VERY HIGH praise from HC Kevin O’Connell on J.J McCarthy and how he’s the franchise QB for the @Vikings
via
@DMRussini
on Scoop City ?

“Really great QBs in this league are process oriented towards what it takes to win. Not always looking pretty out there and having a bunch of stats and yards. Those things will all come from the process you put together. And [McCarthy’s] got that.”
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

That's a great set of quotes Sticky.
[-] The following 1 user Likes comet52's post: