Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CB Gilmore Visiting Vikings
The Purple Persuasion
@TPPSkol
BREAKING: Free agent CB Stephon Gilmore is flying out on Sunday to visit with the #Vikings on Monday, per
@JosinaAnderson
https://twitter.com/TPPSkol/status/1822311011451347257

He has history with Flores in NE so would think there is a good chance of him signing here. Every year it seems like we are trying to fill holes at CB, when is the last time we went into the season with 3 solid CBs or at least 2?

(08-10-2024, 12:41 PM)JR44 Wrote: He has history with Flores in NE so would think there is a good chance of him signing here.  Every year it seems like we are trying to fill holes at CB, when is the last time we went into the season with 3 solid CBs or at least 2?

edit:

2017???

Not sure why he is still available?

AGe?

(08-10-2024, 12:52 PM)purplefaithful Wrote:  
edit:

2017???

Not sure why he is still available?

AGe?

Likely age and cost. 5X Pro Bowler, but he'll be 34 in September. He's done 1-year stints with three different teams the last three years. But his PFF coverage grade was pretty respectable in each of those years (72, 81, 79), and he can tackle. For us he could maybe slot in under Murph and Griff and compete with Evans for CB3.

(08-10-2024, 01:12 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: Likely age and cost. 5X Pro Bowler, but he'll be 34 in September. He's done 1-year stints with three different teams the last three years. But his PFF coverage grade was pretty respectable in each of those years (72, 81, 79), and he can tackle. For us he could maybe slot in under Murph and Griff and compete with Evans for CB3.

I think he slots in pretty evenly with both Murphy and Griffin.

Little birdie told me this is a done deal. Much needed. He's 33 but its a one year rental which is fine.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(08-10-2024, 01:58 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Little birdie told me this is a done deal. Much needed. He's 33 but its a one year rental which is fine.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kentis's post:

(08-10-2024, 01:56 PM)Waterboy Wrote: I think he slots in pretty evenly with both Murphy and Griffin.

Sure, assuming there's no further decline, which I don't think is a very safe assumption with him teetering on the cliff at 34.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

(08-10-2024, 01:58 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: Little birdie told me this is a done deal. Much needed. He's 33 but its a one year rental which is fine.

Charley Walters is that you?
[-] The following 3 users Like Greylock's post:

(08-10-2024, 02:32 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: Sure, assuming there's no further decline, which I don't think is a very safe assumption with him teetering on the cliff at 34.

Griffin’s old as well, and I don’t think Murphy was ever at their caliber.  That being said you could be 100% right and he just is done.  I don’t sense that with him, though.