Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mekhi Blackmon Tears ACL.
Per the Athletic.  Unreal.  Sorry, just saw this in the training camp thread.

...and Duke's back, not a second too soon.
It's Almost That Time Again, Skol Nation...!!

Damn damn damn.  I thought this guy was going to really step up this season.

Hughes 2018 blown ACL, neck injury 2020
Gladney 2020 domestic charge, released, acquitted, dies in car wreck.
Khyree Jackson 2024 dies in car wreck before TC
Mekhi Blackmon 2023 102nd overall pick blows ACL 1st day of TC 2024.

What the hell is with this team and cornerbacks???  Cry

A tough blow. These ACL tears are the plague of the NFL. Always takes the wind out of your sail as a fan.

This sucks, he was going to be a key contributer this season. Wishing him a good recovery.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 1VikesFan's post:

I swear the Vikings got some kind of curse on them. Every year something happens to pull them down.

Thought this was interesting (and aggravating). Wasn't clear on who each was, so I looked them up and filled them in

Jonas Stärk@JonasStaerk
The Vikings drafted six CBs since 2020. Two are dead [Jackson and Gladney], one fell unexplainably off after promising rookie season [Dantzler], a 5th rounder [Hand], another 2nd rounder has been injury plagued and underperforming [Booth], a somewhat promising 4th rounder [Evans] and a very promising 3rd rounder, who tears his ACL [Blackmon]

(07-25-2024, 07:45 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Thought this was interesting (and aggravating). Wasn't clear on who each was, so I looked them up and filled them in

Jonas Stärk@JonasStaerk
The Vikings drafted six CBs since 2020. Two are dead [Jackson and Gladney], one fell unexplainably off after promising rookie season [Dantzler], a 5th rounder [Hand], another 2nd rounder has been injury plagued and underperforming [Booth], a somewhat promising 4th rounder [Evans] and a very promising 3rd rounder, who tears his ACL [Blackmon]

I was really hoping Zimmer would take the CB curse with him. It seemed like the assumptions of his "CB whisperer" legend created an issue where every CB we drafted after he arrived was a bust. Waynes, Hughes, Gladney, Dantzler, Hand, etc...plus, the Breeland debacle...!

...I really hoped that the new coach/GM would fix our broken karma, or whatever was wrong.
It's Almost That Time Again, Skol Nation...!!

Evans needs to step up big. He has flashed..

That sucks, but better now than later while we have a chance to still add a guy.