Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What a ....

I don't look at it that way all and neither would you or anyone here if he wasn't a Packer. 

Ultra-competitive. Alpha. He's the best player in the NFL, IMO. 

That is a bit dogmatic.  You have no idea how I would look at it.

I think he is an arrogant prick and glad I don't have to cheer for him.  He has 1 superbowl with the team being built around him, so no, hardly the best in the NFL.  Stat whore. Not a leader.

rogers is a good QB,  but a lot of QBs would look a lot better if their OL got away with holding,  blatant holding,  on almost every damn snap.

That team benefits from an unbelievable amount of no-calls on holding. Yesterday was especially egregious. And I don't like to complain about officiating much but it is absolutely wrong to assume that there is any sense of fairness when it comes to penalties against the packers. Much has been written about offensive lines and having good protection is a really big plus in winning ballgames. But when you are allowed to pull and stretch a guy's jersey or to grab them by the wrist, or to turn them completely around.... It sure makes it a hell of a lot easier to have a good quarterback. I am not saying Rodgers isn't talented. He surely is. But man they get away with a whole lot that seems to benefit one of the most important pieces to having a good QB. 

Rodgers can play no doubt. And he does get preferential treatment from the refs. He whines when he doesn't.  Regardless, he is still an arrogant asshat. I don't see him as an alpha. A wannabe alpha maybe but not an alpha. He was like that at Cal. Not the best in the NFL.

Conversely, Thielen's one handed grab that set-up our first TD wasn't even flagged as PI when it was blatantly obvious the DB grabbed his right arm to prevent the catch. There were two sideline referees looking at the play and neither one of them threw the flag. It's like Superstars in the NBA. They always get the benefit of the doubt on officiating calls. The NFL doesn't seem any different and the Vikings apparently are not one of the chosen teams like the Packers that gets favorable treatment. Look at the Pittsburgh game. We were flagged 11 times for 131 yards. 

You guys realize how lame it is to credit another team's success with bias refereeing, right? That only comes from a rival's bitter belly.

Rodgers is great. He's a 2 time NFL MVP. A Superbowl winner. Fastest NFL QB to 30,000 passing yards. 

Rodgers is an arrogant ass.  Sure he's a really good QB but can't stomach him, really love it whenever someone wipes than arrogant smirk off his face.  

As much as I hate the Pukers I never hated Favre like I despise Rodgers.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
You guys realize how lame it is to credit another team's success with bias refereeing, right? That only comes from a rival's bitter belly.

Rodgers is great. He's a 2 time NFL MVP. A Superbowl winner. Fastest NFL QB to 30,000 passing yards. 
Not nearly as lame as the converse opinion.