Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kevin O'Connell mic'd up at OTAs
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(06-21-2024, 06:16 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: https://www.vikings.com/video/kevin-o-co...s-minicamp

That's a fun watch. Love Darnold throwing up his own caution flag. 

KOC: Oh, that's a great throw! That is so good, Sam. How about that throw?
SD: Walk through. 
KOC: Yah, but still, I'll take it
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

I get low level excited that McCarthy can be that piece of clay for O'Connell. He's got the arm, mobility and athleticism required for the modern NFL and its athletic defenses. He knows what it takes to win. We'll see.

I wonder when they'll let Jaren Hall go? Maybe back to the practice squad as I'm quite sure there will be 3 QBs on the active roster.

Mullens is going to be the #2.

I think you're right, they'll try and practice squad Hall if he has a modicum of improvement vs y.ago.

I dont think they'd be comfortable with Darnold-Hall-JJM for the year.

(06-22-2024, 10:28 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: Mullens is going to be the #2.

I think you're right, they'll try and practice squad Hall if he has a modicum of improvement vs y.ago.

I dont think they'd be comfortable with Darnold-Hall-JJM for the year.

Oh hell no. 4-pick Nick can play football and he knows how to get the ball to Jefferson. He'll turn the ball over, but in the two late games against the Lions last year he had a ridiculous 807 yards passing, with 333 of those yards going to Jefferson.

(06-22-2024, 07:27 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: I get low level excited that McCarthy can be that piece of clay for O'Connell. He's got the arm, mobility and athleticism required for the modern NFL and its athletic defenses. He knows what it takes to win. We'll see.

I wonder when they'll let Jaren Hall go? Maybe back to the practice squad as I'm quite sure there will be 3 QBs on the active roster.

There's no doubt in my mind that they want Hall on the roster in 2025. Darnold is on a one year deal. Mullens is on the final year of his contract & unlikely to stick around. Hall still has 3 years left on his contract. In 2025, JJM & Hall would be the only QBs on the roster who know the offense.

Given that Hall is 26 & wasn't impressive when he played last season, there shouldn't be an issue stashing him on the PS.