Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The dog days of NFL summer are here
Not much football info for another month or so. Come the end of July, I'll be ready and eager to read training camp news daily. A nice break.....

Oh and p.s.: Rory........oh man, Rory......

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952whebcqsfmuwftr67m65...w.gif&ct=g]
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

Every morning I hope to hear that JJM & Turner have signed their contracts. Other than that there's nothing to look forward to until camp opens.
[-] The following 2 users Like Knucklehead's post:

There are about 35 days left on the calendar when there is "no football." Otherwise, the league has managed to fill about every week with something.

An important time for the rooks and FA's to get acclimated. On their plates is a not just a new job, assignment and playbook, but also apartment, townhome and a whole new city to learn. 

Hopefully no off-season drama or any signing drama. 

Only questions I hear is how much of JJM's contract will be a signing bonus vs other type of payment.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

Even as an admitted fan of our now-former QB, I'll be relieved with the break from the "NEW SF TRADE OFFER FOR KIRK!!!" every 15 fuggin' minutes. That was getting as bad as years of "VIKINGS MOVING TO L.A.?!?!" as an undercurrent for...hell, decades.

I figure the media bobbleheads' Viking targets will be:

1. Trying to stir up emotions regarding our QB non-battle (duck, Sam, the haters are coming!)

2. Making the two remaining rookie contracts into high drama (it'd cost them both badly to hold out, and JJM would lose a LOT of cred with the fans)

3. Occasional forecasts of 5-12 or worse season

4. Continuing to punish KAM for 2022's draft

I think that's about it...?
It's Got to be This Year, KAM, KOC, and Flores...Bring It!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zanary's post:

(06-17-2024, 02:43 PM)Zanary Wrote: Even as an admitted fan of our now-former QB, I'll be relieved with the break from the "NEW SF TRADE OFFER FOR KIRK!!!" every 15 fuggin' minutes. That was getting as bad as years of "VIKINGS MOVING TO L.A.?!?!" as an undercurrent for...hell, decades.

I figure the media bobbleheads' Viking targets will be:

1. Trying to stir up emotions regarding our QB non-battle (duck, Sam, the haters are coming!)

2. Making the two remaining rookie contracts into high drama (it'd cost them both badly to hold out, and JJM would lose a LOT of cred with the fans)

3. Occasional forecasts of 5-12 or worse season

4. Continuing to punish KAM for 2022's draft

I think that's about it...?

Yep, I think you have it mostly covered. I was a Cousins fan as well, but it was time to move on for how many guaranteed years he wanted. Don't forget: 

5. JJM was a 'reach', he'll never be more than the 'hand off King'. 

6. Why didn't the Vikings address (insert team weakness here) this offseason?

2024 will be The Season of Discontent amongst Vikings' rubes, stoked by the media, although its an obvious transition year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

I actually think the next 5 weeks will be filled with a lot of optimism. We do not have the usual which Kirk will show up or will they sign Kirk, JJ or Hunter to an extension. I think there is more stability on the roster in terms of knowing for the most part who is going to be a part of the team moving forward. There is also a certain amount of excitement with a rookie QB just as there is going into a new season as it opens itself up to a fresh start and new possibilities. The cupboard is not bare, there is talent on this roster, we had a solid draft, filled a lot of holes this off season and there is certainly potential for a solid season. Regardless, it is most likely going to be better than what we experienced last year after Kirk went down.

For all the Kirk Cousins fans out there, I believe you will forget all about him by week 5. You may not believe this now but we have upgraded the QB position. 
Don't believe me, just watch! 
Regulators, mount up, we're coming!
[-] The following 1 user Likes FLVike's post:

(06-17-2024, 03:51 PM)FLVike Wrote: For all the Kirk Cousins fans out there, I believe you will forget all about him by week 5. You may not believe this now but we have upgraded the QB position. 

It would F'ck everyone in the head if Darnold had a 98 Cunningham season re-incarnated...Just end it better this time. 

NOBODY (but you) could say they saw it coming.
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

(06-17-2024, 03:51 PM)FLVike Wrote: For all the Kirk Cousins fans out there, I believe you will forget all about him by week 5. You may not believe this now but we have upgraded the QB position. 

Speaking of Kirk, has anyone seen a pic of him recently? He bulked up. Looking stout. Not uncommon when guys come off a major injury. Joe Burrow did the same. And then you have Lamar Jackson and Tua who both LOST weight for the upcoming season.

Upgraded? I don't think so. Darnold doesn't have Cousins' ridiculous accuracy, nor does he have his poise in the pocket. I don't know how many times we saw Cousins stand strong in the pocket and deliver a strike to the end zone with pass rushers at his knees or draped all over him. Darnold doesn't have that and we're going to miss it. 

That said, Darnold has every bit the arm strength of Cousins, and he's quite a bit more mobile. There's no doubt he's going to have the best year he's ever had, but that's a low bar, and not on Cousins level. What's more, he's got to learn an offense that took Cousins 9 months to feel comfortable in. He could struggle early.

With Cousins I think this is a 12-win team. With Darnold I think the best we can hope for is 9 or 10 wins. Love to be wrong though.