Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addison set for a big year

(06-11-2024, 10:00 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: https://twitter.com/TPPSkol/status/1800522843299439042

I think there are a few players who are probably being a little overrated going into 2024 (Harry, Jones, Griffin), but if there's an underrated player I think it might be Addison. To do what he did as a rookie was pretty remarkable. And I think too many dismiss him as just a capable WR2. I think on most teams, he's a legit WR1. And he should be even better in year two.

(06-11-2024, 10:22 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: I think there are a few players who are probably being a little overrated going into 2024 (Harry, Jones, Griffin), but if there's an underrated player I think it might be Addison. To do what he did as a rookie was pretty remarkable. And I think too many dismiss him as just a capable WR2. I think on most teams, he's a legit WR1. And he should be even better in year two.

Jones as is Patrick Jones?  Is he getting buzz because I've always thought he was a one dimensional player and a clear rotational backup piece.

Totally agree on Addison.  It's like Devonta Smith in Philly...  he has been in AJ Brown's shadow a bit there from a media coverage standpoint, but he's been really good WR and would be a #1 option on most teams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MAD GAINZ's post:

(06-11-2024, 10:59 AM)MAD GAINZ Wrote: Jones as is Patrick Jones?  Is he getting buzz because I've always thought he was a one dimensional player and a clear rotational backup piece.

Totally agree on Addison.  It's like Devonta Smith in Philly...  he has been in AJ Brown's shadow a bit there from a media coverage standpoint, but he's been really good WR and would be a #1 option on most teams.

Aaron. Love what he brings to this offense, but he's also a little injury prone and he'll be 30 in December.

(06-11-2024, 11:08 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Aaron. Love what he brings to this offense, but he's also a little injury prone and he'll be 30 in December.

Aaaaaaah, forgot about the new Jones.  :-)

Agreed, he's missed some time with injuries.  When he's healthy he can carry an offense at times.  He was a big reason the Packers went on a run at the end of the season with 5 straight 100 yd games (including the playoffs).  Hopefully we can find the right mix of touches with him and Chandler to keep Jones healthy this season.

If Addy has put his man muscles ? on he will be better. He was separated from the ball several times last year by a nfl shot. Of course he doesn’t have the Qb he had last year so…maybe

I admit that when we picked him #1 last year, I was skeptical because of his diminutive size. At 5'11" and 175 lbs, he certainly is no Gronk or Megatron. But his fluid routes and good hands have more than made up for it. I should also say that he plays with a big, huge heart. He's got game and I like how takes it onto the field. He's going to give JJ better chances, he's going to make Darnold better, our TE's better. It's all good and he's showing up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

Let's not forget that JJ draws the most double teams as a percentage of routes run by a receiver in the league..and by a fair amount. You take a receiver like Addison who could be a #1 on some teams and virtually guarantee him single coverage. That's a huge advantage. I agree with Tom...I hope that he bulks up a bit to take the beating and be able to better fight for the ball...but he could be the difference maker this year....though I suspect Darnold will lean heavily on JJ early...because you know he's going to get his.

(06-11-2024, 12:05 PM)Bullazin Wrote: If Addy has put his man muscles ? on he will be better.  He was separated from the ball several times last year by a nfl shot.  Of course he doesn’t have the Qb he had last year so…maybe

[Image: GH3XTUFXYAEPo45?format=jpg&name=large]
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

A more dialed in and stronger Addison is a good thing. He's obviously worked hard this offseason, he's bigger. Guys are going to get open, somebody is going to have to cover Aaron Jones out of the backfield as well as he's a great pass catcher. Year 2 is always a big year. Can Darnold take advantage?