Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Case Keenum college stats? Ok, I get it now
To be honest, I never even paid attention to where this undrafted Game-Ball recipient went to college, (Houston) or what conference he played in (Conference USA), just that he seemed to be a competent backup with a bit of NFL experience when we signed him, compared to what else we had healthy on the roster.  I guess I didn't realize that he was #1 in Career Completions in NCAA since 1956 (If I read the stats correctly), #7 in career NCAA Pass Completion percentage (69.4%), NCAA #1 in career passing touchdowns (155), and NCAA #1 in career Passing yardage (19,217).  

I guess I must plead ignorance. He is a bit emblematic of this team of overachieving UDFA's, and low-round draft picks and steals.  

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pla...num-1.html

I liked the signing as a back up,  I wasnt very high on him after watching him in person in camp and early preseason but I kept thinking that when he knew what he wanted to do with the ball... he did it well,   so a little more learning might make him a nice addition to the team.  I was fairly confident that if Shurmur would create a game plan to keep McCoy off balance and shift the pocket for Keenum that he would find success... I didnt expect that much success,  but I was pretty comfortable yesterday with him having the reigns.

I think Case played great, but at Houston, that was a completely different offense.  Lots of guys light it up in college with 4 wide, and that was what the Cougars were.

However, Keenum showed accuracy that was limited in training camp practices, so his deep ball skills and targeted passing was a bit of a surprise to me yesterday.  To be fair, he did not play on the best Texan or Rams offenses when he was there.

All I know is that we won, he played great.   He is a good backup.

Quote: @"Tom Moore" said:
I think Case played great, but at Houston, that was a completely different offense.  Lots of guys light it up in college with 4 wide, and that was what the Cougars were.

However, Keenum showed accuracy that was limited in training camp practices, so his deep ball skills and targeted passing was a bit of a surprise to me yesterday.  To be fair, he did not play on the best Texan or Rams offenses when he was there.

thats my thoughts as well... good back up at this point, maybe he can be more,  he certainly showed it yesterday but how much we the Bucs ready for him?  although it appears he has kinda made Tampa his bitch so maybe that isnt a very good litmus of his true abilities.   I am not going to go gaga after one performance, but I am very happy with what we saw yesterday.   From what I am hearing we will have at least 2 or 3 more opportunities coming to revise our evaluations of Case's abilities.

Quote: @"Tom Moore" said:

PFFF, backup.  We've got a three headed monster all of whom are going to get $20M plus next year!!!  Smile

QB by committee? 

"There wasn't much good," said coach Dirk Koetter. "Case Keenum has been lights out every time we've played him. He looked like the best player in the NFL again today. "
Added safety Chris Conte: "Him throwing the ball out there -- he didn't look like a third-string quarterback. He was a starter last year and he's been a starter in this league. Maybe he doesn't get enough credit for how good of a passer he is."

I have to admit that locker room moment where he got the game ball was really cool. The guys were rallying with and for him and he got to enjoy the moment. There is a great sense of togetherness with this team. It was also awesome to see his pure joy in being able to step up and be successful.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Added safety Chris Conte
I can't believe Conte is still a starter in the league.  He was hated in Chicago more than (some hate) Sendejo here as he whiffed on tackles about three times a game.  At least he showed effort in chasing Diggs yesterday I guess.  I'm not a Sendejo fan but I'd take him ten times out of ten over Conte.  I figured the only reason Tampa got him was because of Lovie... but he's gone now.

Quote: LINK of game ball moment =)
@"Vikergirl" said:
I have to admit that locker room moment where he got the game ball was really cool. The guys were rallying with and for him and he got to enjoy the moment. There is a great sense of togetherness with this team. It was also awesome to see his pure joy in being able to step up and be successful.

Quote: @"ATXVIKE" said:
LINK of game ball moment =)
@"Vikergirl" said:

Vikings.com