Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man....was I ever wrong about C.J. Stroud
I love everything about this kid, especially his attitude: 

https://x.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/179...2742915307

He's got the goods and the right amount of swag. And he's right what he says below about Aaron Rodgers:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootbal...on-rodgers

He's probably got big enough balls to fade SuperDiva, Stefon Diggs.

I like Stroud and him being so candid is refreshing. I hope he lights up the Jets in that game and hope he continues to speak his mind. But if I'm Rodgers I chuckle and say talk once you've actually got a ring, CJ.

(06-04-2024, 02:31 PM)pattersaur Wrote: I like Stroud and him being so candid is refreshing. I hope he lights up the Jets in that game and hope he continues to speak his mind. But if I'm Rodgers I chuckle and say talk once you've actually got a ring, CJ.

Meh, its an opinion. If nobody spoke their thoughts other than champions, it would be pretty lame. Just because he doesn't have a ring doesn't mean he's not right or doesn't have insight. But to your point, if I'm Rodgers....that's what I'd say. Settle down young guy....you don't know how hard it is to win a Superbowl. I think there's zero doubt however that Rodgers has underperformed in that area. Pretty obvious also that Stroud is a big fan of Stafford.

Packers had 30 years of HOF QB'ing across Rogers and Favre and just 2 rings to show.

Underpeforming? Maybe, probably...

Am I still envious? you betcha

(06-04-2024, 06:24 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: Packers had 30 years of HOF QB'ing across Rogers and Favre and just 2 rings to show.

Underpeforming? Maybe, probably...

Am I still envious? you betcha

Not a very high bar for a Viking's fan to be envious of other teams!  Big Grin

“If you give Matthew Stafford a chance like Aaron Rodgers had, I guarantee you he might have had more rings,” Stroud said.

That's like, 50 percent of the time it happens every time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wiviking's post:

The Packers were willing to build their offense around their QBs and their passing games, whereas the Vikings were indecisive as hell for many years...largely due to AP, but also due to Zimmer's love of ball control offense, and some whiffs on OL players. The Vikings would try and get serious QB talent (Sam and Kirk both are examples), but protection wasn't great and the whole passing game wasn't the priority the same way it was with others.
It's Got to be This Year, KAM, KOC, and Flores...Bring It!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zanary's post:

I know I started another thread on this a few weeks back, but the NFL is at a very exciting time today: a ton of exciting NFL QBs either starting or about to start. Which team has the weak sister QB? None come immediately to mind. It used to be easier to name some dogs starting in the NFL, but lesser so today than maybe ever. I'm including guys that were drafted this year in round 1 as well.

I guess maybe the Raiders come to mind? Isn't it O'Connell vs Garner Minshew? There's the only one that I can think of without Googling it that has no highly drafted rookie waiting in the wings or an already competent starter.

(06-06-2024, 10:45 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: I know I started another thread on this a few weeks back, but the NFL is at a very exciting time today: a ton of exciting NFL QBs either starting or about to start. Which team has the weak sister QB? None come immediately to mind. It used to be easier to name some dogs starting in the NFL, but lesser so today than maybe ever. I'm including guys that were drafted this year in round 1 as well.

I guess maybe the Raiders come to mind? Isn't it O'Connell vs Garner Minshew? There's the only one that I can think of without Googling it that has no highly drafted rookie waiting in the wings or an already competent starter.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-s...rterbacks/

Raiders are easily the worst. Some runner ups might include Seattle with Geno and Howell. Saints with Carr and Rattler and Giants with Jones and Lock. Situations that are kind of on a tipping point are Tua in Miami, Young in Carolina and Levis in Tennessee.

(06-06-2024, 11:35 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-s...rterbacks/

Raiders are easily the worst. Some runner ups might include Seattle with Geno and Howell. Saints with Carr and Rattler and Giants with Jones and Lock. Situations that are kind of on a tipping point are Tua in Miami, Young in Carolina and Levis in Tennessee.

And Tua grows restless in SoFlo. He's getting annoyed at pressers when the reporters ask about contract talks. I think Miami is giving him a take it or leave it agreement. The local channels are focusing on it, anytime he talks to the press they bring it up.