Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EG Woes Continue...
Former Vikings Pro Bowler Everson Griffen arrested on suspicion of DWI
It's the second time in the past year that Griffen has been arrested on suspicion of DWI.

Former Vikings defensive end Everson Griffen was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated Tuesday night, the latest in a string of brushes with the law for the former All-Pro defensive lineman.

According to the State Patrol, Griffen was observed driving at a "high rate" of speed in a Bentley Bentayga going southbound on I-35W at 50th Street in Minneapolis at 11:35 p.m. He was stopped and showed signs of impairment leading to his arrest.

Griffen was booked into Hennepin County Jail early Wednesday morning. Charges are pending.

This is the second time in the past year that Griffen has been arrested on suspicion of DWI. Last July, he was stopped in Chanhassen and accused of driving 60 mph in a 40 mph zone. He failed a Breathalyzer test with a blood-alcohol level of .09, just over the legal limit of .08.

Griffen eventually pleaded guilty to a reduced careless driving charge in February and was placed on one year of probation.
Griffen wrote in the plea document filed in Carver County District Court: "I operated my motor vehicle carelessly. 

Specifically, I drove at a high rate of speed while weaving in and out of traffic, after consuming alcohol. I believe my driving conduct thus endangered myself and others."

In the months following the July 2023 drunken driving charge, Griffen crashed his car into a fence and gazebo in Mound, on Oct. 28. He was cited and convicted of failure to drive with due care, a petty misdemeanor. On Dec. 7 in Shakopee, police stopped him for driving 55 mph in a 30 mph zone. He was convicted of a petty misdemeanor in that case as well.

https://www.startribune.com/everson-grif...600369769/

The ups and downs of mental illness and self medicating. You go off your meds, shit happens. Sorry to see it but he's going to kill someone driving impaired.

Charges: Everson Griffen drove drunk, was in possession of cocaine
Story by Staff writer • 16h • 1 min read
Featured games in the NFL
Aug 1

© Provided by Inside The Vikings
Former Vikings defensive end Everson Griffen was charged with multiple counts of DWI as well as fifth-degree drug possession and a misdemeanor careless driving charge, according to a criminal complaint.

According to the complaint, Griffen was pulled over by a state trooper on I-35 near Lake Street for driving 82 mph in a 55-mph zone. After being pulled over, troopers smelled the odor of an alcoholic beverage and did field sobriety testing.

They're Like Walking On Clouds - Now 70% Off!
Orthowalkway
They're Like Walking On Clouds - Now 70% Off!
Ad
Griffen blew a 0.10 on a breathalyzer test, according to the complaint, and was arrested. Troopers also found 0.02 grams of cocaine on his person.

Griffen has been charged with a third-degree DWI for operating a motor vehicle under the influence of alcohol, a third-degree DWI for operating a motor vehicle with a 0.08 concentration of alcohol within two hours of driving, fifth-degree drug possession and a misdemeanor careless driving charge, according to the complaint.
Griffen's bail was set at $12,000.

Griffen has a prior driving while impaired loss of license incident from July 24, 2023.

While with the Vikings, Griffen had been public with his struggles with mental health. After being diagnosed with bipolar disorder following an incident in 2021, he vowed to become an advocate for mental health.

Griffen played for the Vikings from 2010-2019 and returned to the team in 2021, the last year he played in the NFL. Across his 11-year NFL career, Griffen has recorded 403 tackles, 85.5 sacks and 10 forced fumbles.

Ad
Inside The Vikings
Visit Inside The Vikings
Charges: Everson Griffin drove drunk, was in possession of cocaine
Former Vikings star Everson Griffen jailed for probable cause DWI

Ad
Sponsored Content

Buying pills or doing blow of any kind these days isnt like the 80's and partying.

There is too much s hit out there that will kill you now. Dealers dont care if they they lace with Fentanyl and kill their $ sources, they'll just find new ones.

(05-31-2024, 08:49 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: The ups and downs of mental illness and self medicating. You go off your meds, shit happens. Sorry to see it but he's going to kill someone driving impaired.

As someone that goes through this with a family member. I feel bad for EG and his family.

Plea agreements, probation, misdemeanor how many does it take before he ends up like Stickier Buns said killing somebody?

(05-31-2024, 11:41 AM)Greylock Wrote: Plea agreements, probation, misdemeanor how many does it take before he ends up like Stickier Buns said killing somebody?

Agreed. Sympathy only goes so far, he's endangering innocent people.

Yeah that royally sucks