Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OTA Highlights
I don't know if I'm more impressed with McCarthy's dime or the fact that Nailin Jailer is healthy and running routes. 

https://twitter.com/TPPSkol/status/1792998486528364984
[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post:

Well Nailor did stand out at OTAs last year, he has disapeared in Sep in the past...
People sleep peacably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

That's gotta be nerve wracking for a kid barely 21 to be out there knowing EVERYONE in the bldg is scrutinizing everything.

(05-21-2024, 06:06 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: That's gotta be nerve wracking for a kid barely 21 to be out there knowing EVERYONE in the bldg is scrutinizing everything.

Thing is...  I don't think JJ really thinks about that.  He's a cool, confident kid.  I'm really happy we have Darnold to play this year so we can let him learn the offense, let him test his abilities, make his mistakes in practice against an improved Vikings defense, and be ready to rock whenever Kevin thinks he's ready to lead this team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MAD GAINZ's post:

(05-21-2024, 06:06 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: That's gotta be nerve wracking for a kid barely 21 to be out there knowing EVERYONE in the bldg is scrutinizing everything.

He played 3 years for Harbaugh, beat Ohio State twice, went to 2 CFPs and won a national title. I don't think the thought of a coach yelling or somebody writing mean things is going to rattle him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RS_Express's post:

(05-22-2024, 02:18 AM)RS_Express Wrote: He played 3 years for Harbaugh, beat Ohio State twice, went to 2 CFPs and won a national title. I don't think the thought of a coach yelling or somebody writing mean things is going to rattle him.

This. And won a high school football championship. He doesn't get rattled. The drive to put the game into overtime against Alabama is more tension and stress than 99% of what any other college QB would have to go through. He'll be smiling the whole time. Its a big part of why he could change the narrative with the Vikings in big games. He's a confident athlete. He's got swag.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(05-21-2024, 07:28 PM)VikingOracle Wrote: OTA 2 Recap

"If he doesn't beat out Darnold, prove he's ready, and win the Week 1 starting job, he might remain the QB3 to start the regular season." 

This comment sparked some rage on Twitter. The truth is that it's very VERY unlikely McCarthy is going to beat out Darnold week 1. And no one should be surprised AT ALL if he starts the season as QB3. I actually expect him to.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaroonBells's post:

(05-22-2024, 07:18 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: "If he doesn't beat out Darnold, prove he's ready, and win the Week 1 starting job, he might remain the QB3 to start the regular season." 

This comment sparked some rage on Twitter. The truth is that it's very VERY unlikely McCarthy is going to beat out Darnold week 1. And no one should be surprised AT ALL if he starts the season as QB3. I actually expect him to.

....this goes to my 'Bust' thread I started. The offseason is such a silly time for the podcasters/web 'experts'....

[Image: GOIsUwKWEAA7lrR?format=jpg&name=small]

(05-22-2024, 07:18 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: "If he doesn't beat out Darnold, prove he's ready, and win the Week 1 starting job, he might remain the QB3 to start the regular season." 

Everyone has a voice on social media.  I'm expecting JJ to be the QB3 as well if the Vikings truly plan to let him develop most (or all) of his rookie year.

I'm more interested in who will be the backup to start the season...  Mullens or Hall?  I mean JJ might be QB2 if he checks enough boxes prior to the start of the season.  I just think the Vikings want to avoid starting him too early so it's going to come down to whether Mullens or Hall can beat the other one out for QB2.  I don't think the Vikings necessarily want JJ being one concussion or injury away from playing early in the year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MAD GAINZ's post: