Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shurmur > Norv Turner for modern NFL offenses
Masterful offensive gameplan yesterday, tailored around Case Keenum's skill set. 

Norv = square pegs in round holes...

It's nice to see a modern and varied offense. 

Finally we're seeing the efforts of moving from some hybrid of Norv/Shurmur to one, fully implemented system.

Sparano seems to be doing better with better pieces too. Hmm, players make the coaches??

In the case of the O in its entirety, its a bit of both; fully system implementation vs a forced by situation hybrid and better players across the OL and tailback. 

Nice job by Keenum yesterday, albeit a banged-up Bucs D. 

I think it’s pretty clear that
whatever is different is working much better right now, better than any of
Turners time here and better than Shurmur’s control of the offense last
year.  I’m a little hesitant to get too
many hopes up as we have played two great games against horrible defenses at
home, and a bad game against a good defense on the road.  If we can play well against a couple good defenses,
my expectations will go up.

I think our OLine performance is the key differentiator, and
was the key limitation to our success the last couple years.  Coaching is probably a part of that as is
player selection.  I also think that with
the addition of Cook and to a lesser extent Murray, we have strongly synergized
our RBs into our offense, such that we are no longer predicatable run-pass from
any given formation.

One thing I’ve really been impressed with in our two
victories is adapting to what’s happening real time and just ruthlessly
exploiting defenses weak links.

Spielman and this coaching staff have a plan and that plan is coming together as well as can be expected. 

1.  Fix the offensive line.  Looks much better and is improved we will see how the season goes but so far good job.  Good job cutting Boone.

2.  Get a running back that can operate in a modern offensive scheme.  Wow have they hit on a kid in Dalvin cook that can play and could be great!  Good Job Spielman and company.

3.  Get depth at QB for a Bradford who has an injury history.  Again I had heard of Keenum but he is absolutely a great backup for this team.  Same style and skillset you do not have to adjust the offense much.  Again so far so good.

4.  Get the WR's fixed.  Well we have the number 2 and 3 ranked WRs in the league right now.  Good work.