Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wont it be interesting to look back on this in 36 mos?
[Image: STP-L-jea-01-VIKINGS_DRAFT_PICKS-0426.jpg?w=534]
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

Just remember, we are all Vikings fans here and there are very few times that don't hurt when we look back.
[-] The following 4 users Like FLVike's post:

For better or for worse this will be one of those defining drafts that we'll talk about for years probably.
[-] The following 1 user Likes medaille's post:

Don't deny yourself hope as a fan. Just like stocks, past results (or lack thereof) are no indicator of future performance. You're only a 'cursed' franchise until you aren't anymore. Just have to kick that Eeyore mentality in the ass each September until shown otherwise.

[Image: eeyore_3_992af934.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

Now we wait....the odds of hitting on a 1st round QB is 46%. It goes up only 3 percentage points in the top 10, at least according to one source. Is JJ McCarthy the future of the franchise? Or will be in the market again in 3 years?  Flip a coin.

(05-06-2024, 08:04 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Now we wait....the odds of hitting on a 1st round QB is 46%. It goes up only 3 percentage points in the top 10, at least according to one source. Is JJ McCarthy the future of the franchise? Or will be in the market again in 3 years?  Flip a coin.

[Image: jj-mccarthy-michigan.gif]

I think this is our boy. He's got that winner's swag to him. Burrow-esque. Jefferson told him this pro game is 'all about confidence'. This kid has it. Coached by Jim Harbaugh. Championship wins in high school and college. Pro style offense at Michigan, similar to KOC. Giddy up.

Would be 'Joe Burrow if Michigan threw more'

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1010...threw-more

"Speaking on the Matt Barrie Show (25 second mark), ESPN's Matt Miller said he spoke to one NFL scout "who said J.J. McCarthy would be Joe Burrow if he were on a team that threw the ball."

"There's a lot of love for J.J. McCarthy among the scouting community. He's tough as hell. He's got a big arm. He's a very good athlete and he's coachable," Miller added."
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

(05-06-2024, 08:04 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Now we wait....the odds of hitting on a 1st round QB is 46%. It goes up only 3 percentage points in the top 10, at least according to one source. Is JJ McCarthy the future of the franchise? Or will be in the market again in 3 years?  Flip a coin.

My thinking on this has evolved over time.

Still a crapshoot? Yah, sure it is - but why?

Do most of em just suck?  I'll bet  the % would go up considerably with the proper up-bringing and surround. NFL teams dont do well with the nurture.

(05-06-2024, 06:54 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Don't deny yourself hope as a fan. Just like stocks, past results (or lack thereof) are no indicator of future performance. You're only a 'cursed' franchise until you aren't anymore. Just have to kick that Eeyore mentality in the ass each September until shown otherwise.

[Image: eeyore_3_992af934.jpeg]

This draft could be the catalyst to a future SB run. 

You gotta believe, or I guess dont. 

I'm getting older and choose hope. MY whole reason for starting this thread. Turner and McCarthy could be cornerstone franchise players.
[-] The following 5 users Like purplefaithful's post:

I think it would be a pretty stupid plan, for any team, to not have a contingency plan for if their rookie QB doesn’t work out, given that they bust at a high rate. We absolutely should be thinking about what our next option is if JJM fails to materialize into what we hope he’ll be.

That’s why I’m a fan of frequently drafting QBs that have that potential when they are available to you.

I do agree that JJM will have a significantly better chance of developing into a good QB here rather than at Washington or New England, but sometimes all the nurturing in the world isn’t enough. My gut feeling is pretty positive with JJM. He looks like the guy to me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes medaille's post:

When Jim Harbaugh left the Bears and went to The Colts he looked like a totally different player on the field. He definitely had more confidence on the Colts.

(05-06-2024, 10:11 AM)medaille Wrote: I think it would be a pretty stupid plan, for any team, to not have a contingency plan for if their rookie QB doesn’t work out, given that they bust at a high rate.  We absolutely should be thinking about what our next option is if JJM fails to materialize into what we hope he’ll be.

That’s why I’m a fan of frequently drafting QBs that have that potential when they are available to you.

I do agree that JJM will have a significantly better chance of developing into a good QB here rather than at Washington or New England, but sometimes all the nurturing in the world isn’t enough.  My gut feeling is pretty positive with JJM.  He looks like the guy to me.

I have a feeling Sam Darnold is going to outplay his $10M contract and get a low-end starter deal at end of the year from a team who thinks he'll be able to continue that elsewhere. But if he doesn't; if he's hit and miss and doesn't draw a starter deal, I'd love to have him as a long-term backup to JJ at around $10M per.

Also curious to see if Jaren Hall improves this summer.