Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Streaming Reco
We've really been enjoying this....

Apple TV +

Sugar revolves around John Sugar (Colin Farrell) a private investigator hired by Hollywood titan Jonathan Siegel (James Cromwell) to investigate the mysterious disappearance of his granddaughter, Olivia (Sydney Chandler). 

[Image: Apple_TV_Sugar_key_art_graphic_header_4_...4395197091]
[-] The following 2 users Like purplefaithful's post:

I don't have Apple TV but I will say those are some good actors.

I do have Apple TV (a must-have to watch Ted Lasso!!). We're always looking for new releases. Thanks for the tip.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Montana Tom's post:

God, there's such shit out right now. Our staples are Netflix and Max and I spend 15 minutes during weeknights looking for something. Aggravating. I've heard good things about Sugar, but don't have Apple+...

Did watch Baby Reindeer. Pretty good, I recommend it.

Started this last night. Love its style and its homage to old Hollywood. (it's amazing how much Colin Farrell looks like Glenn Ford). And Farrell gives the best vocal delivery of a narration since Martin Sheen in Apocalypse Now. 

We have our streaming staples, but then we'll get a mos or two of something else just to catch a series or movie etc...the key is to remember to shut it off at end of the free trial.

We just did that with Hulu.

(05-06-2024, 09:47 AM)purplefaithful Wrote: We have our streaming staples, but then we'll get a mos or two of something else just to catch a series or movie etc...the key is to remember to shut it off at end of the free trial.

We just did that with Hulu.

Yeah, us as well. My company actually just sent me a new work Iphone, I think that comes with 3 free months of Apple+.

Watching 'Man in Full' on Netflix currently. Not sure what to make of it. I usually like Jeff Daniels, but his southern accent is killing me throughout the first few episodes. Decent cast.

Watched the first ep of Sugar last night. It's ok. I'll give it a long leash because like others have said there's not much on right now in the way of shows. But it didn't hook me really.

I'm liking Shogun (Hulu) as I slowly work through it.

Man in Full looked pretty terrible so if it's good please let us know, Sticky, and I'll give it a shot.

God bless Top Chef, Survivor, and the 4th quarters of NBA playoff games or there really would be nothing to watch right now!

(05-07-2024, 10:33 AM)pattersaur Wrote: Watched the first ep of Sugar last night. It's ok. I'll give it a long leash because like others have said there's not much on right now in the way of shows. But it didn't hook me really.

I'm liking Shogun (Hulu) as I slowly work through it.

Man in Full looked pretty terrible so if it's good please let us know, Sticky, and I'll give it a shot.

Save your time, it was below par and the ending was one of the stupidest things I've seen recently. My wife and I looked at each other last night at the end and were like WTF?
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post: