Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turner will be Parsons
Micah Parsons has dominated this league over the past few years. Dallas Turner could be that same cat. Turn him lose from multiple locations and he will wreak havoc
[-] The following 2 users Like Still Hurtn's post:

Wreak.
[-] The following 1 user Likes comet52's post:

Love Dallas Turner. Long armed, ferocious guy that is a hunter.

I can't help of thinking of what 2025 can be like with these young players, a ton of cap room, JJM starting and another 1st round draft pick. The future seems bright.

Oh but we gave up a couple middle round picks for him! There are literally people on Twitter and elsewhere complaining about the trade up to take Turner. I tend to think those people don't understand how the draft works. 

Turner is currently the odds on favorite for DROY and he's going to make Brian Flores a very happy man.
[-] The following 4 users Like MaroonBells's post:

I think there’s a lot of merit to the idea that if you add up the costs to move up to 23 and then to again to move up to 17 you were better off getting all those picks than getting the average player you would normally get at 17.

Obviously Turner is not normally drafted at 17. I still think there’s some merit to the idea that all the costs to move up to 23 and then again to move up to 17, you’d be better off getting all those picks than the expected value of Turner (given that he has some % chance of busting, or being merely adequate).

But for me, I think you have to separate the two trades. We didn’t trade up to 23 to take an edge. We traded up to 23 to have the ammo to go get our QB. It was a sunk cost at that point. The tradeup from 23 to 17 was clearly worth it. We went and got the #1 edge on a lot of boards, who matches our scheme needs to a tee. All the other top tier edges/DTs were gone by 23 and would have required a trade up to go get, so I think the most appropriate way to look at it would be to compare a tradeup for Turner vs a tradeup for say Chops Robinson. I think the little bit extra to go get the best edge in the league on our board vs the 4th best edge in the league was worth it.
[-] The following 3 users Like medaille's post:

Who is Dallas Hunter & is he related to this Tuner fella…?  Cool Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kentis's post:

(05-01-2024, 01:18 PM)Kentis Wrote: Who is Dallas Hunter & is he related to this Tuner fella…?  Cool Tongue

Secend eror cauwt on this post... drinkn on the patio and breaming abou da Vikings doughnt mix.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Still Hurtn's post:

How many 4-5-6 round picks have we seen come through here over the years that made no impact. I'd trade all of them for the impact player that I expect Turner to be. Quality vs Quantity.
[-] The following 2 users Like Montana Tom's post:

I watched Turner a bunch and was super happy to get him of course and especially @17

I'm not ready to crown him Parsons or Von Miller yet, but the potential is there, the scheme and coaching are there.

He's going to have to develop more moves, cause he wont out-athlete starting NFL T's the way he could out athlete/overpower OL in college.

It'll take some time.

(05-01-2024, 06:53 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: I watched Turner a bunch and was super happy to get him of course and especially @17

I'm not ready to crown him Parsons or Von Miller yet, but the potential is there, the scheme and coaching are there.

He's going to have to develop more moves, cause he wont out-athlete starting NFL T's the way he could out athlete/overpower OL in college.

It'll take some time.

The two things that are most impressive to me are 1) he's strong for not having "prototypical" size / plenty of times you see him knocking back bigger OTs on his bull rush and being able to disengage even when they get his hands on him and 2) his closing speed is ridiculous.  Even if he overruns his rush, he can stick his foot in the ground, change direction, and in two steps he's back up to full speed with some powerful hits on the QB from behind.

I think he's going to be a stud for us sooner rather than later.