Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting discussion on JJM

Minnesota #Vikings HC Kevin O'Connell was sold the team can "build around" J.J. McCarthy after their private workout in Ann Arbor via @AlbertBreer
?

O'Connell specifically liked how McCarthy interacted around fans and students at the iconic Zingerman's Delicatessen in Ann Arbor.

“If you’re going to draft a QB you hope is one of the faces of your franchise—and there’s no real evaluation to that—there’s a lot of positives that can come out of it watching them in that setting. J.J. was absolutely that... I left campus that day thinking that we could build around J.J. McCarthy.”

https://twitter.com/TPPSkol/status/17850...gr%5Etweet
[-] The following 1 user Likes purplefaithful's post:

I mentioned this in another thread, but Kirk Herbstreit said JJM was the kind of dude that could be 'one of the faces of the NFL'. He's got an 'it' factor. Highly likable and other people are drawn to him.

If McCarthy can find some early success, maybe we'll start getting some calls coming our way for once instead of watching Mahomes, Rodgers, Drew Brees, etc. always get them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(04-29-2024, 03:20 PM)StickierBuns Wrote: I mentioned this in another thread, but Kirk Herbstreit said JJM was the kind of dude that could be 'one of the faces of the NFL'. He's got an 'it' factor. Highly likable and other people are drawn to him.

If McCarthy can find some early success, maybe we'll start getting some calls coming our way for once instead of watching Mahomes, Rodgers, Drew Brees, etc. always get them.

Yah, he's got the face and hair ala Burrows they would love too lol. 

My old boss used to send her team a gift box every Xmas from Zingermans Deli. She was an Ann Arbor Alumn. 

Pretty, pretty good stuff.