Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets talk Dalvin...
Another very productive day:
  • 29/97 3.6 ypc, 1 td/ 5 receptions 72 yards
  • 169 total yards of offense

288 yards rushing through 1st 3 games tops any Viking Rookie back...Extrapolate that out to 16 weeks and see what you come up with lol! 

I think if he can stay healthy (knock wood) he's going to make us happy Trader Rick moved-up for him Smile

Love what I'm seeing out of Diggs and Thielen, Dalvin is quickly becoming a critical part of this offense. Crazy for a Rook. 

He's already made me happy. As much as I loved AP, the traditional type of back he is doesn't mesh well in this league today. Cook can do it all man. Kid is a stud.

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
He's already made me happy. As much as I loved AP, the traditional type of back he is doesn't mesh well in this league today. Cook can do it all man. Kid is a stud.
A couple of his blitz pick-ups's were awesome today...CRITICAL!! 

Dalvin Cook breaks Adrian Peterson’s 3-game Vikings rookie record
Since the Vikings traded up in April’s draft to nab Dalvin Cook, the running back has downplayed the meaning in becoming the heir to a job in the Vikings backfield previously held by a superstar destined for the Hall of Fame.
Even after Cook’s first touchdown Sunday helped lift the Vikings to a 34-17 win, and even after 97 more rushing yards helped inflate his season total to 288 yards, Cook said he’s spent little time reflecting on a three-week NFL career that has been better than any Vikings rookie running back in franchise history.
His rushing total through three games surpassed the rookie record set by his predecessor, Adrian Peterson, in 2007 when Peterson ran for 271 yards, the beginning of a 1,341-yard season.
“This season, man, it’s been amazing,” Cook said. “I haven’t thought about it really because I just like to win. But it’s been amazing. All these guys have welcomed the rookies to the locker room. I don’t too much care about the statistic, I just like us getting the win.” 
For a team that has started two different quarterbacks in three games, Cook’s productivity has been especially helpful.
The Vikings eased Case Keenum into what ended as the best NFL game of his career, helping their quarterback by giving the ball to Cook on eight of their first nine plays.
He punctuated their 75-yard opening drive with the first touchdown of his career, a week after he fell inches short of his first trip to paydirt before CJ Ham finished off that drive.
“It was a good feeling knowing that I got in – and I was in this time,” Cook said. “Coming out and scoring a touchdown in the front of the home crowd was good.”
He iced the game, too, part of his 27 carries for 97 yards, and showed off an all-around game that evaded Peterson, his exceptional running not withstanding.
But Cook helped keep Keenum upright in pass protection and caught five passes for another 72 yards, totaling 168 all-purpose yards.
“If I can’t pass protect, I’m not going to be out there,” Cook said. “I’ve got to protect Case or whoever’s back there. That’s part of my game and I’ve got to get it done.”
In training camp, Cook won a competition between he and veterans Latavius Murray and Jerick McKinnon to earn the primary role. Peterson, meanwhile, has been relegated to a backup job with his new team, the New Orleans Saints.
Through three games, Cook is averaging 4.7 yards per carry.
Three games into his Saints career, Peterson is averaging 3.4 yards per carry, totaling 79 rushing yards.
“Dalvin is a really good player,” Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said. “He’s got great acceleration and quickness. Does a good job in pass protection, catches the ball well. One of the things that kind of showed up on the last third we hit (was when) he caught the ball. The deal was to stay in bounds, but he kind of looked for somebody to attack. He’s a kid that, I think, is going to continue to get better. You saw some of the tough runs he made today and I thought the offensive line was outstanding today.”
Last season, the Vikings ranked last in the NFL in rushing yards, managing only 1,205, part of the reason the offense was forced to rely on short passes.
But with Cook in the backfield this season, the team has complemented an improved running game with deeper passes including a 45-yard strike to Adam Thielen on the first drive that helped set up Cook’s touchdown.
“He’s a tremendous back,” Vikings safety Harrison Smith said. “We are lucky to have him. For a rookie, he is extremely composed. He just knows how to do the right things.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/09/24/dal...ie-record/

Cook is doing a great job, hopefully he stays healthy because I think he's only going to get better as the season goes on.

He can definitely take a hit and make a hit on a block. He also can shake off tackles. He is exciting to watch. 

Tampa Bay Times: Wish the Bucs had taken Dalvin Cook? Read thishttp://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/wish-the-bucs-had-taken-dalvin-cook-read-this/2338437
"We consider him a game-wrecker,'' Bucs defensive coordinator Mike Smith said.
Everybody considers Cook a game-wrecker.
"He's not a 'run-and-get-out-of-bounds' guy,'' Bucs defensive tackle Gerald McCoy said. "He's a 'get-that-extra-couple-yards' guy. Anybody like that, you've got to bring your big-boy pants with you.''

He's a complete player. Good runner, steps up big in pass protection, and as he demonstrated today he's a threat in the passing game. As great of a player as Peterson was, I think Cook is a much better fit for the modern game and Shurmur's offense, though I do want to see him get better at goal line runs. He was very fortunate they didn't reverse the ruling on the field on his first TD.

I'm really thrilled about Cook too. 

I've got to say, though...I personally underestimated Kareem Hunt enormously. 172 on 17 carries today, wow. Some people on this board were really high on Hunt prior to the draft - well done!

Hes special and thought he would be the guy we remember from this draft.