Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think KAM has learned a lesson?
He couldn't trade up in the first round when even offering above point value. You can't figure point values when trading up in the first round. So, when you trade down in the first round you get much more than point value. (2022)

I think their guy is still available
[-] The following 1 user Likes Havoc's post:

We all knew the Giants were not picking a QB
[-] The following 1 user Likes FLVike's post:

FLVikeWe all knew the Giants were not picking a QB

Was hoping it was smoke. Now get it done. JJM

Well, I guess we're going with JJ. I said JJ or Maye would fall to us at 11.

JJM and Dallas Turner. Not sure how it could have gotten any better.
[-] The following 2 users Like StickierBuns's post:

I've blasted him as much as anybody and I was deathly afraid of him gambling the farm to take a swing at a QB, but he did a great job last night holding tight and still getting a quarterback prospect that fit and has high upside.

I thought Dalls Turner was the top defender in this draft and was shocked he dropped as far as he did. I was even more shocked after we had given away a lot of draft capital already that he still had the balls to move up and take Turner. We now have two very young dogs on each side of the ball to lead us into the future. Like I said, the night couldn't have gone any better IMO.
[-] The following 8 users Like supafreak84's post:

(04-26-2024, 08:23 AM)supafreak84 Wrote: I've blasted him as much as anybody and I was deathly afraid of him gambling the farm to take a swing at a QB, but he did a great job last night holding tight and still getting a quarterback prospect that fit and has high upside.

I thought Dalls Turner was the top defender in this draft and was shocked he dropped as far as he did. I was even more shocked after we had given away a lot of draft capital already that he still had the balls to move up and take Turner. We now have two very young dogs on each side of the ball to lead us into the future. Like I said, the night couldn't have gone any better IMO.

That was a huge surprise. I was chatting with a few other Viking fans at the time and we were all convinced the Vikings would trade down from 23 to recoup some day two picks, so when they showed up on the clock at 17 we were all just stunned. Big, bold move that wasn't cheap, but any time you can land your QBOTF and the consensus best defensive player in the same draft, you have to be pretty stoked about it.
[-] The following 3 users Like MaroonBells's post:

(04-26-2024, 08:34 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: That was a huge surprise. I was chatting with a few other Viking fans at the time and we were all convinced the Vikings would trade down from 23 to recoup some day two picks, so when they showed up on the clock at 17 we were all just stunned. Big, bold move that wasn't cheap, but any time you can land your QBOTF and the consensus best defensive player in the same draft, you have to be pretty stoked about it.

Hopefully they can be our version of CJ Stroud/Will Anderson and have that kind of impact. I think the upside on both our guys is through the roof as they are both a couple of the youngest players in the draft.
[-] The following 2 users Like supafreak84's post:

This was definitely a lot different draft than KAM's first draft. Felt like he read it right and we ended up with two top 10 prospects and didn't give up a premium to do it.

Yes, we're now low on mid round picks this year and next, but for every Diggs, Mattison, Griffen, Robison, etc. you'll get way more Chaz Surratts, Kellen Monds, Akayleb Evans, Dru Samias, Troy Dyes, etc. in the 3rd-5th rounds.

Really happy we got our QBotF (and a kid I was super high on) and a potential impact pass rusher. You win in the NFL with QBs and guys who affect the QB (pass rushers and OL/DL).
[-] The following 7 users Like MAD GAINZ's post: