Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damn, what's JJ gonna get?

Don't get the holdup with Minnesota and JJ's contract. I really don't.

I read somewhere that JJ’s deal is done and will be announced after the draft. Obviously no guarantees on that, but it’s what I’ve heard.

(04-24-2024, 11:35 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: Don't get the holdup with Minnesota and JJ's contract. I really don't.

I honestly think it's because JJ's camp wants to make sure KAM doesn't shit the bed on the QB front.  Yet another reason I feel like they sell the farm to get Maye/Daniels

From a marketing standpoint. You pick the QB then prove you made the right choice by showing faith in the QB by signing the best WR for him to throw to. Regardless of who the QB is.

These big resignings frequently last until the last possible minute. I wouldn’t be shocked if we’re a good chunk into training camp before it gets signed.

Lions also signed Penel Sewell for 112 mil. Wow, that's 230 million for two players.

(04-24-2024, 05:22 PM)FLVike Wrote: Lions also signed Penel Sewell for 112 mil. Wow, that's 230 million for two players.

Can't wait to see the structure of these two contracts.

(04-24-2024, 11:43 AM)CFIAvike Wrote: I honestly think it's because JJ's camp wants to make sure KAM doesn't shit the bed on the QB front.  Yet another reason I feel like they sell the farm to get Maye/Daniels

I think they (both parties) are waiting for J. Chase and other top WRs.
The FO does not have to sign him this year anyway
[-] The following 1 user Likes mblack's post:

(04-24-2024, 06:48 PM)mblack Wrote: I think they (both parties) are waiting for J. Chase and other top WRs.
The FO does not have to sign him this year anyway

I don’t think the market has anything to do with it. I’ll think they’ll practically give JJ what he wants. I think JJ wants to see is go after a top fight QB, because he can get that massive contact on literally ANY team. 

And we do have to sign him this offseason. Because if he gets to next offseason with us having played a season with Darnold and looking forward to a mid-tier likely failure in Penix, he’ll never play another game in purple and we’ll get NOTHING in return