Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spencer Rattler story
https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/story...-nfl-draft

At one time, QB1 out of high school.

Rattler reminds me a lot of Josh Rosen. Different playstyles, but both were highly regarded recruits that have all the arm talent in the world. But how good of a football player are they? Traits get you so far but then all of the other parts need to come together. Rattler will always have upside with the traits and arm talent he possess. But he just hasn't taken that next step.

This article made me like him even less.

(04-19-2024, 02:27 PM)MAD GAINZ Wrote: This article made me like him even less.

lol, yeah that was my take as well. False bravado is so easily recognized.

I think some of you are old enough to remember him, so I’ll tell you my comp. Rattler reminds me of Jeff Garcia so much. I could see him toiling and eventually developing into a starter much the same as Garcia.

(04-19-2024, 04:46 PM)Havoc Wrote: I think some of you are old enough to remember him, so I’ll tell you my comp. Rattler reminds me of Jeff Garcia so much. I could see him toiling and eventually developing into a starter much the same as Garcia.

Rattler has a way better arm and he's got a ton more physical gifts. Garcia maximized his limited skills. I suspect Rattler will never have close to the NFL career that Jeff Garcia did.