Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Oh boy, here we go: Vikings trying to move up before Thursday
https://twitter.com/TPPSkol/status/1780993160648245442

Rumor is they want a top 5 pick before the Draft starts, per ESPN. The shit flinging is starting early.

Jesu Christo, next week cant get here soon enough.

IF (big if) they did, it raises questions for me...

Not sure of the advantage of doing so b4 the draft vs during draft...

I'm also not sure of the value of #5 if they want a top 4??

Chi - Williams
Wash - Daniels/Maye
NE: Maye/Daniels
Unless they are convinced AZ stix and pix a WR and they really like JJ

Unless --- they would want to parlay 5 into a top 3...hmm

God I hate the draft.

(04-18-2024, 12:13 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: Jesu Christo, next week cant get here soon enough.

Chi - Williams
Wash - Daniels/Maye

God I hate the draft.

Or......the much more annoying part......its a horseshit rumor from ESPN. Like you say, hurry up and get here already.

https://twitter.com/ByKimberleyA/status/...0983582868
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

(04-18-2024, 12:13 PM)purplefaithful Wrote: Jesu Christo, next week cant get here soon enough.

Chi - Williams
Wash - Daniels/Maye

God I hate the draft.

I think that would be the only advantage to moving up prior to the draft. Especially if you thought it would be easier to get the Patriots or Cardinals to trade down. Then you could move up for much less (potentially) if there are assurances that the Cards could still get Marvin Harrison Jr (or Naibors) at 5... or if (insert 2 of top 4 QBs) are available at 3, but the Patriots like them equally, they may be fine going to 5 and taking whoever MN doesn't take and getting picks.

Also, if the rumors are true about what the Patriots and Cardinals want to trade out of the top 10 picks for a team moving up for a QB... the Vikings may feel confident no team will pay that price to get ahead of them at 4, effectively ensuring they'll get one of the top 4 QBs but leave their options open to get up a little higher if they can.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MAD GAINZ's post:

Trading up before the draft seems really risky. It would make more sense to have a potential trade in place IF certain players are still available at the pick you are trading into. Few years ago the TWolves made a predraft trade to move up for a certain player and then the pick before they were on the clock that player was picked. Course then it was the TWolves so stupid is as stupid does. Lets just hope if they do trade up they still get the player they are targeting. Saves them from having to put on a happy face in a news conference saying they got the player they were hoping to get when they really didn't.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Greylock's post:

If they can get to 3 then there's no reason to wait.

Same for 4 I'd say. The only way the price for 4 would fluctuate much between now and next week is if one of the top 3 teams picks a player other than QB or if another team looking to move back is lying in the weeds with a massive offer. Both of those seem unlikely at this point. Knowing this, I assume the Vikings have been trying to move up all along and have met resistance from the top teams.

A deal in place unless (X remote possibility) occurs works just as well, it just means we as fans have to suffer for another week of uncertainty.

I don't really know this ESPN reporter so she may have no source at all, but the idea the Vikings are trying to move up is the worst kept secret in the league. She might just be hitching her wagon to that notion.

I think this is likely true because I think the Vikings have been working on this since the combine. I think it's about New England at 3 since it appears Daniels to the Commies is all but settled. Albeit expensive, that's a move they could make before the draft. And if they're happy with JJM, then 4 comes into play as well. But call me crazy, I think it's more likely to deal with New England than the Cards, who will be a tough sell with MHJ on the board. Can't be 5 because there's always the chance that the QBs go 1-4, with the Giants dealing with the Cards. Cards are much more likely to move to 6 than all the way down to 11.

I think the Vikings are tired of hearing about the Giants and the Broncos and just want it settled. So do I.
[-] The following 2 users Like MaroonBells's post:

Washington isn't going anywhere, nor should they: https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/178...2034386005

or this is KAMs way of getting say NE to come off a stupid high price, and take his offer. float it out there that the Vikings are making a deal soon and make the teams nervous that want to move down, but arent in active talks with MIN to get something done?

(04-18-2024, 01:16 PM)MaroonBells Wrote: I think this is likely true because I think the Vikings have been working on this since the combine. I think it's about New England at 3 since it appears Daniels to the Commies is all but settled. Albeit expensive, that's a move they could make before the draft. And if they're happy with JJM, then 4 comes into play as well. But call me crazy, I think it's more likely to deal with New England than the Cards, who will be a tough sell with MHJ on the board. Can't be 5 because there's always the chance that the QBs go 1-4, with the Giants dealing with the Cards. Cards are much more likely to move to 6 than all the way down to 11.

I think the Vikings are tired of hearing about the Giants and the Broncos and just want it settled. So do I.

Thx a lot, 

Here I thought Chargers @ 5 would be the "do-able" make it so move. 

This implies get to top 3 or forget about a top 4 qb. Hope this isnt right, but it makes sense.