Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings 'perfect landing spot' for QB Drake Maye
[-] The following 1 user Likes StickierBuns's post:

I'd bet a princely sum that this is where Maye hopes he'd go too, he's no dummy.

Yah, MN would be the perfect surround and coach. Fans would be stoked, a much needed re-boot for the franchise.

But alas, moving to 3 is probably going to prove too prohibitive.

Have to love the predraft talk.  So far I think we have seen that the Vikings are the perfect fit for Maye, Nix, JJ, Penix, and Daniels.  One week and two days we shall see which one if any become that perfect fit.

I think the pundits believe MN is the perfect landing place for any of the QBs. I saw a report that predicted the most likely to succeed in this draft class. The consensus was Caleb Williams and whoever ends up in MN
[-] The following 2 users Like badgervike's post:

Flavor of the day...
[-] The following 2 users Like Montana Tom's post:

Sometimes I wish QBs had more of a choice in where they go. Sometimes.

Eli pulled it off...

(04-17-2024, 07:48 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: Sometimes I wish QBs had more of a choice in where they go. Sometimes.

The draft leads to a weird situation, where if you are a top echelon prospect, you probably want to go to a good team that will help you continue to be a winner, but you probably are going to go to a bad team.  Then at the end of your first contract, you are faced with the choice of staying with the team that drafted you and getting a huge contract extension and minimal risk of it all disappearing if you get injured, or you can hold out for free agency to get to a good team, probably have to endure a couple years of the franchise tag, all the while it could all disappear if you get injured.