Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hoge: "Maye is the type to get you fired"
Tongue 
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/stat...6290527425

So I'm guessing some on the board will be rooting hard for KAM to draft Maye?

Stickierbuns?

(04-08-2024, 07:40 AM)comet52 Wrote: Stickierbuns?

Yep. Same ol' dude, just stickier.  Tongue

Couldn't get into my old account so just made a new one.

Hoge was not a big fan of Justin Herbert either. Hoge had Jacob Eason ranked over Herbert, Love and Hurts. After playing on 6 different teams 4 seasons, Eason is not currently on an NFL roster.

(04-08-2024, 07:51 AM)Maroon_Bells Wrote: Hoge was not a big fan of Justin Herbert either. Hoge had Jacob Eason ranked over Herbert, Love and Hurts. After playing on 6 different teams 4 seasons, Eason is not currently on an NFL roster.

With some he's got respect because he was so adamant about Johnny Manziel being a bust. But he's no better than the rest, some things stick, other things he says are completely wrong.

(04-08-2024, 08:01 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: With some he's got respect because he was so adamant about Johnny Manziel being a bust. But he's no better than the rest, some things stick, other things he says are completely wrong.

That he got the Manziel bust right seems like a pretty wet feather in his cap. People either loved him or hated him. I was in the latter group. However, at the end of the day, I was wrong. I said he'd be playing in Canada in 3 years. It took him 4. So I'll put that down as one of my misses.  Tongue

Maybe I dont have to be concerned about who they draft @ QB?

Maybe this will be the first class in history where the top 6 are all HOF'ers?

(04-08-2024, 08:01 AM)StickierBuns Wrote: With some he's got respect because he was so adamant about Johnny Manziel being a bust. But he's no better than the rest, some things stick, other things he says are completely wrong.

(04-08-2024, 09:12 AM)MaroonBells Wrote: That he got the Manziel bust right seems like a pretty wet feather in his cap. People either loved him or hated him. I was in the latter group. However, at the end of the day, I was wrong. I said he'd be playing in Canada in 3 years. It took him 4. So I'll put that down as one of my misses.  Tongue

Hoge also had Jamarcus Russel as a can't miss sure thing....   so there's that
People sleep peacably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Here's the thing with Maye and all rookie QBs...  The supporting cast and coaching have the biggest impact overall.  If Maye gets drafted by the Patriots and starts his rookie year with a shoddy OL and lack of weapons, I think he could be a bust.  But if he goes to Minnesota who has a good offensive coaching staff, a good OL, and weapons galore...  I think his career could go a lot differently.

It's why you have to wonder if Caleb Williams will be good in Chicago.  I'm not a believer in Eberflus.  Williams could have a rookie year much like Trevor Lawrence where you have a generational talent held back by poor coaching despite a solid supporting cast on offense. Trevor really started looking like the QB from Clemson after Pederson replaced Urban and they got more weapons around him.

I really do think Cowherd and Orlovsky have it right when they say the most successful QB out of this draft after Caleb Williams will be whoever goes to Minnesota.

Drake Maye is a big risk. His accuracy at times is very shaky - especially throwing to his right. His footwork can really fall off for stretches. He’s going to take time and you’re counting on him making significant strides.

Physically he’ll be good. He has a solid arm and can be very accurate downfield. His arm is not elite as is often claimed in the media, although it’s very good. The longest throw I’ve seen from him is around 62 yards while at his pro day. It was reported he threw it further, but I checked it to be sure. That was his longest air yards throw. This equals the longest throw I’ve found by JJM. Both are shorter than Caleb Williams 65, Bo Nix 67, and Joe Milton 72. Still watching Penix.