Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikes sign Griffin
The #Vikings are signing free agent CB Shaquill Griffin on a one-year deal worth up to $6 million, per
@Schultz_Report. 83 career starts for four teams.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
The #Vikings are signing free agent CB Shaquill Griffin on a one-year deal worth up to $6 million, per
@Schultz_Report. 83 career starts for four teams.
love this move 

He was cut by Jville and Ccolts last year, picked up by Carolina and who chose not to resign him.

Then signs a 1 year 6 million $ deal with Vikings?

Hope he kills it under Flores.

Former Pro Bowler. Was great as a rookie, but has been wildly inconsistent over the years. His career PFF chart looks like a Pantone book. 

But such are corners. Really dependent on scheme, who the safeties are and what kind of pass rush is in front of him. Trust in the Flo I guess.  

Up to $6 million, probably incentivized…

Money seems high based on his recent past but yes, hopefully incentive based and hopefully he earns every one.

We are going into the draft with 1 massive need. QB1.  Other than that, an upgrade at IDL and IOL would be great.  Otherwise I think we are looking like a complete team. 

Be interesting to see if we could get an Ohorhoro and Zinter with whatever picks we have after getting our QB. 

Feels like Marcus Davenport 2.0

Hard to say. At worst he's a veteran on an incentive-laden deal and gives us some depth and experience at corner. At best, he's a scheme fit that Flores can utilize. I wouldn't expect this to be like when we signed Patrick Peterson, but it's a good way to hedge bets on younger corners developing while we go all in on draft capital for a QB. I do worry about him having bounced around between teams, so that's where you gotta hope that scheme fit and better coaching balance things out.

Quote: @"Still Hurtn" said:
Feels like Marcus Davenport 2.0
Ouch.

He's better than some of what's on our roster at the position but... years of spending high on db's through 2 regimes and we have so little to show for it.  Certainly haven't had an elite back end.   It's duct tape and bandages and prayers year in and year out.