Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today - Noon
Kirk and Hunter will be free agents unless we pull out last minute deals.  

Quote: @"minny65" said:
well technically not until Wednesday,  but honestly though,  how much tampering takes place prior to the legal tampering period actually starts?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"minny65" said:
well technically not until Wednesday,  but honestly though,  how much tampering takes place prior to the legal tampering period actually starts?
oh really I thought it was today...oops

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"minny65" said:
It is. Legal tampering started 10 minutes ago. Typically deals get done now and then become official Wednesday. So expect news as the day plays out.

@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"minny65" said:
Free agency isnt until Wednesday, they cant sign until then,  but they are able to start talking to agents and shit.

It was widely reported that a ton of tampering was done with Cousins at the combine and that the Vikings were encouraging it, probably to help make the decision happen faster.

I think Kirk will decide quickly. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I think Kirk will decide quickly. 
about has to be,  by now the players all know each other,  they know the rough parameters,  and those that are going to be left out will want to know quickly,  he is good,  but I wouldnt let him hold the teams other potential moves up to get him to come back.  I would say give him a deadline on the deal that is in place  24 hours or so,  he has earned that much,  and then start making moves or talks assuming he isnt coming back so you can at least hit FA running on Wednesday with your fall back plans.

Is it correct that without  extension deals before FA begins, it means the dead money of Cousins, Hunter and Davenport  all kick in?