Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Hunter be resigned?
Will the Vikings resign Hunter or is he leaving as a UFA?

I think they get it done with DH,  I don't think he wants to test the waters,   but I think he just really wants to get paid among the top of the game and get viewed as the premier player he believes himself to be.

Good edges cost a lot of $ and this is truly his last chance to cAsh in. 

Some team is going to blow him away with an offer is my prediction. 

Does Wonnum and Davenport fire everyone up for 24? 

If it's up to Flores, yes.  I think Flores can convice O'Connell, but not sure about Kwesi.  I still think (hope) DH stays a Viking.

i think he ends up in Chicago unfortunately.

Brian Burns DE tagged by CAR for 1 year/$24M.
I don't think the Vikings are going to pony up that kind of money for DH and I don't think DH particularly wants to be here either. Highly unlikely he's around next year IMO, which stinks.

Pay him.  Add a stud next to him.  Draft a stud opposite of him.

1st/2nd round Edge + Phillips + Wilkins + DE + Hunter

Get significant pressure without blitzing.  Make blitzing that much more effective.

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
Pay him.  Add a stud next to him.  Draft a stud opposite of him.

1st/2nd round Edge + Phillips + Wilkins + DE + Hunter

Get significant pressure without blitzing.  Make blitzing that much more effective.

This is what we should do but it takes 2 to tango. I think DH feels (rightly or wrongly) slighted by the Vikings and I don't think he has any loyalty to our squad whatsoever, unfortunately. All offseason we've been hearing how much Kirk wants to be a Viking. Hunter? Crickets. :'(

Our young g.m. appears to be dealing like the stock trader he once was.  He sets what he thinks is the right price and sees if the other party will agree.   He doesn't want to buy based on emotion.  So far this value-based approach hasn't produced much for him, but maybe it needs more time?   

Hunter likely and correctly sees himself as having one last shot at the type of big $ contract that edge rushers are getting these days.  So he just needs to wait to see if some team in f.a. will give it to him.   Taking Kwesi's value offer is probably the fallback position, if I were to guess.

Personally I don't think he is producing at a level that is commensurate with such a contract.   I'm happy if he stays but wouldn't be surprised if he goes where the money is, because I don't think it's here.   

[Image: y9axasp6ks53.jpeg]
Signs are not good…  Wink B)