Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mattison released...
Was informed by the team today he will be cut. Not unexpected. I never understood the hype on him being an every day starter and that he would simply step in and match Cook's production. 

Anyways, we need to add a RB or two this offseason 

Kudos to the front office for moving forward and correcting mistakes. They took a shot and it didn't work, time to move on 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
Kudos to the front office for moving forward and correcting mistakes. They took a shot and it didn't work, time to move on 
You don't get kudos for correcting mistakes after the fact. They'd deserve kudos if they'd just stop making mistakes in the first place.

Fingers crossed for the offseason...

Silly signing last year but like VG said, glad they corrected the mistake. Best of luck to him.

Time to find out which of the FA RBs will be most affordable.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
Silly signing last year but like VG said, glad they corrected the mistake. Best of luck to him.

Time to find out which of the FA RBs will be most affordable.
I'd almost prefer to roll with Chandler, hope he can stay healthy, and draft a RB or two. McBride looked like he was running in mud last preseason and I don't see him as real option. 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
You don't get kudos for correcting mistakes after the fact. They'd deserve kudos if they'd just stop making mistakes in the first place.

You do when it is not a lingering thing. In the past, there had been a record of hanging on to players too long or the square peg round hole. Sometimes loyalty was taken to extremes. If there is an issue, own it learn from it and move on. Sometimes you have to try in order to learn. No staff makes every right move. There are hits and there are misses. It's a process, trial and error. 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:

You do when it is not a lingering thing. In the past, there had been a record of hanging on to players too long or the square peg round hole. Sometimes loyalty was taken to extremes. If there is an issue, own it learn from it and move on. Sometimes you have to try in order to learn. No staff makes every right move. There are hits and there are misses. It's a process, trial and error. 
I agree to an extent, but he was in our building for four years prior...you'd think we'd have known what we had beforehand, so to me that makes the bad signing and evaluation of the player and the position even worse. There's been more misses than hits with this front office and this is a "prove it" offseason for them  

So next year whoever our RB is won't need GPS to find a hole. Good.

Chandler showed what you want to see in a starting RB. It’s just the injury you worry about. I too was unimpressed with McBride. He looked like he was pulling a plow at times. 

There may be an option on the roster or one of our free agents, but there will be many options in both the draft and free agency. I don’t see any trouble solving that problem. 

180 rushing  attempts and 0 TD's.

ouch.